Early Childhood Assistants 2022-23
Primrose Hill School in Rhinebeck, NY is seeking warm, joyful and confident assistants in our early childhood program. The ideal candidate will have experience working with young children, possess enthusiasm and motivation to work collaboratively with colleagues, and demonstrate a familiarity and interest in the philosophy and methods of Waldorf Early Childhood Education. Waldorf Teacher Training is a plus.
We spend a good part of our day outdoors so our ideal candidate would be comfortable assisting in and sometimes guiding such activities as: gardening, laundry, special craft, nature art, etc.
Position responsibilities include:
- Work out of integrity and be worthy of imitation.
- Maintain general order and help in creating an aesthetically beautiful Waldorf Early Childhood environment both indoors and out.
- Engage with students, taking direction from the Lead Teacher regarding classroom management, conflict resolution, communication and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Assist during all curriculum activities; Ringtime, Story, craft/projects, Birthday celebrations, festivals, and clean-up.
- Oversee children on the play yard and assist with transitions to and from outside.
- Guide children with self-care (toileting, hand-washing, dressing and social behavior).
- Provide first aid as necessary.
- Practice confidentiality toward matters involving parents and children.
Located in the gorgeous Hudson Valley, Primrose Hill School rests on 7.5 acres in the Village of Rhinebeck, NY. Our community enjoys caring for a small farm that includes a large vegetable and flower garden and horses, a sheep, a pig, bunnies and a goat. We hold the farm at the heart of our school, and work to integrate biodynamic agriculture into many aspects of our curriculum. We are spread out across three school buildings on campus and have expanded our programs to include fully equipped outdoor classrooms during warm weather months.
The Hudson Valley is one of the most beautiful, scenic areas in the US. There are endless hikes, bike routes and recreational activities, vibrant local arts and music scenes, as well as a burgeoning spiritual and holistic community. We are just 80 minutes by train from New York City and are driving distance to two major Waldorf teacher training centers: the Sunbridge Institute and Alkion Center. The Hawthorne Valley Farm/School, the Nature Institute, and several Camphill communities are close by as well.
Interested applicants should contact email@example.com with a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references.
PHS embraces the opportunity to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Non-discriminatory practices apply to all employees and applicants for employment. Likewise, the administration of personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, reductions in staff or faculty, training/education and social/recreation activities are free from discriminatory practices. Personnel decisions shall comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.