Lead Teacher for Preschool - 2nd Grade Students
Hummingbird Group Teacher Job Description
The Hummingbird Group is seeking a creative lead teacher with a firm understanding and practice of Waldorf Education and the ability to lead our Waldorf-based homeschool/playgroup. Children’s ages vary from mainly 4-6 year olds to some 7-8 year olds. We are looking for someone to lead up to 4 days a week, 6 hours a day (including 30 minutes before and after school), depending on enrollment.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Confident classroom presence with strong social and communication skills.
- A love for teaching children ages preschool-2nd grade.
- Enjoy being outdoors with the children in all weather conditions.
- Has a desire to make a year to year commitment to the group.
- Waldorf training, or a desire to learn about Waldorf education is considered a must.
- Be CPR and First AID certified.
- Currently has or can obtain Personal Liability Insurance.
Duties will include:
- Provide and facilitate waldorf based crafts, lead circle time and stories, lead in simple eurythmy or curative movements, offer music and/or Spanish and model a daily rhythm for the children.
- Provide a simple and wholesome snack for the children daily.
- Observe the children while meeting their diverse needs.
- Daily setup and pickup of the classroom and other school areas.
- Hold parent meetings to help bond the group and deepen the understanding of Waldorf education and child development.
Qualifications to be considered:
- Completion or enrollment of Waldorf Early Childhood training.
- California Early Childhood Education is recommended.
- Candidate must undergo Live Scan (fingerprinting) and a background check prior to being hired.
Your application has been successfully submitted.