School Custodian & Facilities Coordinator
Halton Waldorf School is currently seeking a full-time School Custodian & Facilities Coordinator.
Reporting to the Administrative Director, the School Custodian & Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for: the routine cleaning of the school facilities including washrooms, common spaces, and offices; facilities maintenance and attending to emergency needs for our two school buildings. The School Custodian & Facilities Coordinator will be required to liaise with school staff, parent volunteers and outside vendors, while ensure the safety of school building and premises.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing and coordinating school cleaning, maintenance, and minor repairs
- Performing daily sanitizing and disinfecting
- Restroom maintenance in emergency situations
- Sweeping outdoor front entrance, shoveling, and salting when needed
- Performing minor classroom and building repairs as needed
- Performing weekly water testing
- Coordinating monthly fire drills, performing fire system testing and inspection
- Project managing day to day maintenance requests, arrange for external vendors as needed
- Perform daily playground checks and monthly building checks
- Maintain the maintenance rooms, photocopy room and lost and found
- Recycling and garbage coordination
- Maintaining sufficient levels of inventory and supplies in cooperation with the Front Desk Coordinator
- General administrative tasks concerning the bus program (inspections)
- Providing weekly status updates to the Administrative Director
- Certified Member of the school’s Joint Health & Safety Committee
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Experience cleaning and maintaining a public facility or business (preferably 5 years’ experience)
- Previous maintenance experience and/or handy-person skills is an asset
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and problems solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position including bending, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing stairs and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office 365 is an asset
About Our School:
The Halton Waldorf School provides students with a place to grow intellectually, artistically, and socially. Founded in 1984, we are an independent, accredited Waldorf School serving students and their families from birth to high school. Our high school offers an Ontario Ministry of Education Graduation Diploma which enables University and College entrance along with our Waldorf Diploma in Grade 12.
Every day our faculty and administration serve a vibrant and diverse community of over 200 students and their families. Located on 5 forested acres in northeast Burlington, close to the natural wonders of the Niagara Escarpment and the shores of Lake Ontario. We are committed providing a healthy, beautiful sustainable environment that supports the pedagogical mission of the school.
Criminal Record Check:
The successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check that includes a Vulnerable Sector Screening prior to commencing employment.
Commitment to Equity:
The Halton Waldorf School is committed to equitable hiring practices. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Caitlyn Byford, Human Resources and Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.