Job Title: Enrollment Director
Job Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Full-time
Summary: As part of the Sierra Waldorf School’s Administrative Team, the Enrollment Director plays a crucial role in the recruitment, enrollment and retention of families to the school for all school programs. The Enrollment Director helps to administer enrollment procedures and policies and works to maintain records and the school database. The Enrollment Director also collaborates with the Outreach Committee and the Development Director on increasing the visibility and awareness of Sierra Waldorf School in the broader community, and develops and implements strategies that ensure enrollment is at its fullest.
Reports to: Administrative Director
Duties/responsibilities: Enrollment/Retention: Implement an effective and efficient enrollment process extending from families’ first inquiry, to orientation, to key transitions along the way to graduation.
- Reply to all inquiries from potential families in a timely manner
- Ensure families are aware of the expectations and timelines involved in the enrollment process
- Work with families and track the progress through the enrollment procedures, checking in as needed and ensuring they go through all necessary steps
- Coordinate parent-teacher interviews and guide parents and teachers through process
- Provide new parents with a Parent Handbook and school orientation before their child begins school, and ensure that class teacher provides class orientation
- Conduct the re-enrollment procedures, ensuring that policies and deadlines are met
- Maintain a database file for all enrollment and re-enrollment forms, including on-line forms, and update forms as needed
- Coordinate and lead monthly Walk Through the Grades
- Provide the Board and Financial Assistance Committees with updated enrollment reports
- Serve as the Administrative Liaison to the TAP and ATA Committees to ensure that applications are being tracked and that the appropriate communication is happening.
- Work with the Accounting Director to ensure proper adjusted tuition
- Help to educate parents and the community about Sierra Waldorf’s commitment to affordable tuition
- Maintain cumulative files for each enrolled student, including immunization records. Request cumulative files for incoming students
- Report immunization status of students to State Public Health Department
- Stay current with immunization requirements; provide information to the community as things change
- Be familiar with and maintain the Big SIS database and forms
- Interview families who are leaving the school and track reasons for leaving
- Work with Faculty to ensure end of year reports are accessible to parents and in cumulative files
Outreach/recruitment: Work with Development Director, Outreach committee and PAC as needed.
- Attend community events and festivals for outreach/recruitment efforts
- Participate in relevant community committees that serve our population with interest in our school
- Track and report recruitment/outreach efforts
Other Duties: As a part of the Administrative Team, the Enrollment Director also helps to staff the office including assisting with fire drills and unplanned alarms, providing general office support: answering phones, attending to children for illness, injury, discipline, or copying needs, delivering messages, meeting faculty administrative needs, meeting ,parent administrative needs, and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to articulate the experience and goals of Waldorf education and the school’s mission
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- A high degree of self-motivation, flexibility, ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills and tracking abilities
- Confidence, professionalism, and a friendly personality
- Extremely computer literate and able to learn programs independently when necessary
- Ability to strictly respect and protect student, staff and family confidentiality
- Excellent project management and planning skills, and be a motivated self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Enjoys collaboration, working as a team and being helpful
- Commitment to advancing the work of diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- Willing to acquire a deep, heartfelt understanding of Waldorf education which can be clearly articulated.
- Ability to relate to and honor all members of the school community
- Problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with G-Suite, admissions and/or enrollment software, database use/experience.
- Understanding for and appreciation of Anthroposophy and Waldorf Education, including administrative and educational principles, techniques, and methods.
Required Education and experience:
Associate degree or equivalent.
At least three years’ experience in admissions, school governance or related field
Desired Education and experience:
Waldorf Administration certificate or other dedicated experience in a Waldorf school
Familiarity with Waldorf educational philosophy, values, and methods
Experience working in a Waldorf or independent school admissions office
Physical requirements: Sierra Waldorf School is a rustic, rural school. Though we do have paved pathways between various buildings, many pathways are unpaved and rough. Some have steep inclines and declines, steps and holes. Employees must have the ability to:
- Stand and walk on various-density and uneven surfaces and significant lengths;
- Sit for extended periods of time,
- Use a computer for extended periods of time,
- Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. at waist height for short distances.
Compensation and Benefits: This position has flexibility depending on skills and availability, one could work from half to full time. The expectation is that this position will manage the seasonal enrollment work load, throughout the calendar and have a strong presence in the office during the school year. Summer hours may be reduced depending on workload. Commensurate wage and benefits.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.