The Waldorf School of the Peninsula (WSP) seeks a full time Pedagogical Administrator (PA) for its High School program. WSP has been serving the needs of an internationally and socio-economically diverse community for more than 35 years. With an established and tested governance model, and a desire to have an impact in the world beyond the children it serves, the WSP community is innovative and deeply committed to the holistic wellbeing of students.
Candidates should have strong connections to the Waldorf movement and be able to work well within school processes while always having an eye for how they can be improved better to serve our school community. A demonstrated commitment to collaborative work and consensus decision making is essential as well as an emphatic approach to working with colleagues, students and parents. Experience, awareness, and dedication to nonviolent communication and effective conflict management are musts.
Start date is flexible.
1. Oversee and facilitate processes that ensure the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency, coherence, and continuity.
2. Bring a whole-school perspective, bridging administrative and pedagogical insights, to all discussions.
3. Support the work of the Pedagogical Council
4. Work closely with the N-8 School Pedagogical Administrator, the School Administrator, and the Management Team to review and refine governance structures, policies, and procedures.
In consultation and collaboration with their counterpart, other faculty, and administrative staff, the Pedagogical Administrator oversee and have responsibility in the following areas:
1. Faculty Recruitment and Hiring
2. Faculty Professional Development & Mentoring
3. Faculty Communication & Working Together
4. Student Support
5. Admissions Support
6. Student Assessments
7. Parent Work
8. Curriculum Development & Implementation
9. Administrative Faculty Support Work
The Los Altos and Mountain View Pedagogical Administrators report to the School administrator.
Please send cover letter, resume and short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
21st century smart