RSFF Office Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Status: Full-time Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Compensation: $18 to $20 an hour
Benefits: Paid Time Off
Reports to: Laura Young, Office / Operations Manager and Tari Steinrueck, Administrator
To Apply: Submit a cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: This position is the face of the Rudolf Steiner Fellowship Foundation, otherwise known as the Fellowship Community – serving the Foundation Office, Medical Office and Hilltop House (Adult Care Facility) staff and members, as well as the public and community at large. This position greets, welcomes and directs people and incoming inquiries accordingly, supports information sharing, the arrangement and acquisition of resources as needed, and facilitates effective and supportive communication.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
· Process Foundation Office mail, calls, emails, faxes and hard copy communication. Manage mail for former members and staff. Cancel catalog mailings / notify DMV / Jury summons
· Provide resources, direction and office support to walk-in members, co-workers, volunteers, member families, potential residents, vendors and the public as needed
· Prepare and maintain information materials, documents, files, tours and visits for prospective members
· Support member onboarding, orientation, resourcing, advocacy and assistance with administrative needs
· Facilitate acquisition of meal vouchers for guests and independent members
· Open, prep and close office each day. Clean and stock office with needed supplies
· Facilitate and communicate community guest accommodations, available rooms and meal vouchers
· Support mailings, communication, organizing, cleaning, document, lists and database management (cloud-based, network and hard copy) and other routine or one-off projects and tasks initiated by Administrator, Operations Manager and Financial Controller
· Support office staff. Notarize documents as needed
· Support onboarding, visa management, documentation and orientation to RSFF for international volunteers, work study students and refugees
· Provide admin support for various vaccine clinics, community events, and trainings as needed
· Support management of FC Vehicle Fleet including drivers, maintenance, inspections, registrations, DMV, Insurance, E-pass, accidents, violations, use policy and procedures, purchases and sales
· Backup support for basic HR functions such as job postings, follow-up and onboarding documentation.
· Order office supplies and support office equipment upkeep, maintenance needs and use
Education, Skill Set and Qualifications Needed
· AAS Degree in Administration and Office Management or relevant experience
· Strong Customer and Personal Service Skills, Public Relations and Communication Skills
· Prior experience in administrative support of non-profit Health and Human services industry
· Proficient-to-expert level in the use and instruction of office equipment such as postage meter, phone and fax systems, copy machines, fax machines, scales and any accompanying software or web-based sites such as stamps.com, FedEx, UPS, HP
· Strong understanding and navigation of the USPS system
· Proficient in files management (hard copy, network and cloud-based files, with varied levels of access)
· Typing skills of at least 55 to 70 wpm
· Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, Access) and cloud-based software including Microsoft 365, Microsoft One Drive and Google Suite. Adobe Acrobat
· Must be, A New York State Notary, or in the process of becoming one
· Foundational understanding of and ability to navigate USCIS to support international volunteers
· Basic understanding of New York State Labor laws as it pertains to international volunteers, work study students and refugees
· Facilitate and ensure adherence to HIPAA laws and RSFF policies and procedures
· Foundational understanding of Anthroposophical approach to human care preferred
Character Qualities and Work Style
· Adaptable and flexible. Open to change and variations in workplace and workflow.
· Creative, sensitive to problems, problem solver. In-tune with others need for self-advocacy.
· Compassionate. Gentle. Active Listener. Demonstrates discernment.
· Strong Coordinator and Collaborator. Able to adjust actions in relation to other’s actions. Works well with others.
· Takes initiative. Able to see what needs to be done and naturally take on responsibilities and challenges.
· Self-confident. Grounded. Willing and able to lead as needed and respectfully offer opinions and direction.
· Stable. Able to maintain composure and self-control, keep emotions in check and not take things personally.
· Detail oriented, self-motivated and dependable. Thorough in completion of work tasks and fulfilling obligations. Finds ways to accomplish the desired goal / affect.
· Attentive to privacy issues. Able to support compliance with RSFF policy, State and Federal law, and administration.
· Integrity. Honest and ethical.
· Duties may include some work outside of regular office hours
· Must be able to move and respond quickly if needed
· Must be able to physically handle, lift, hold, reach for and move heavy objects
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
Your application has been successfully submitted.