Lead Kindergarten Teacher
The Waldorf School of Cape Cod (WSCC) is an independent non-profit school located in Sandwich, Massachusetts serving students in Nursery through 8th grade. WSCC seeks to inspire in our students and our community the innate joy of learning that is foundational to a healthy human being. During these uncertain times we believe it is crucial to provide a healthy, vibrant, and community oriented learning environment for our students.
The upcoming school year will be our 39th year on Cape Cod. WSCC opened in a brand new location in September 2020 on a beautiful 3.5 acre campus including gardens, woods, and an expansive meadow. The school is situated one mile from the Sagamore Bridge accessible to a wide geographic area on both sides of the Cape Cod canal. Cape Cod is a beautiful seaside community with access to beaches, trails, and parks. Cape Cod has a small town New England feel and is a wonderful place to raise children.
We are growing as a school and are seeking a passionate, warm, talented Waldorf-trained Early Childhood Teacher to add to our faculty.
This full-time position would begin July 1st with paid summer months to prepare for the upcoming year. In-person learning begins the Wednesday after Labor Day. A small professional development stipend is offered to help with the cost of summer renewal courses. WSCC is an AWSNA and WECAN member school and accredited by NEASC.
Here is what the opportunity offers:
- A conscious, compassionate community of grateful and supportive parents and Board of Trustees.
- Heart-centered, respectful, kind, and collaborative faculty who work out of the impulses of anthroposophy.
- A school community that is experiencing growth. Families from urban areas have moved to Cape Cod for a more wholesome lifestyle and are interested in what Waldorf has to offer.
- Being part of the development of our new campus.
- In-person learning with access to indoor and outdoor teaching spaces.
- Opportunities for mentorship with experienced faculty members or some of the school’s past master teachers.
- 75% Tuition remission for children of full time employees
- Small professional development stipend for training courses
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Waldorf Teacher Training Certification, we will consider candidates who are currently enrolled in a teacher training program.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering a Waldorf curriculum
- Someone who works positively and cooperatively in a team
- Excellent classroom management skills
- A dedicated, creative, compassionate teacher who is open to learning and receiving feedback.
- Experience in working with parents and holding class meetings.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration
Your application has been successfully submitted.