Nursery Program Aide
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Available - Mid August 2022
This is an hourly, part-time position.
The position of the hourly Nursery Aide provides additional support to the nursery teachers. The position also gives the aide an opportunity to gain experience with children in the context of the nursery and to glean understanding for the job by observing the teacher at work.
Hours: Daily from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Additional hours need to be approved in advance by Lead Nursery Teacher and Grade School Chair.
The aide supports the nursery teachers in maintaining a harmonious and orderly nursery classroom. This includes assisting in all facets of nursery room activities, helping to carry out daily rhythms and leading groups of children or individuals in activities based on the nursery teacher’s indications. The aide displays respect for the authority of the nursery teachers and maintains professional attire and image. The aide also displays discretion about all matters pertaining to the nursery and holds boundaries of confidentiality in all communication and refers parents to lead teacher to answer questions or to address concerns. The aide should be able to manage his/her time so as to finish projects within the time allotted.
Examples of Duties
- Assists the teachers with the supervision of students who may exhibit emotional or behavioral challenges
- Supervises students when teacher is occupied with other students or when directed by lead teacher to work with individuals or groups of students
- Supervises students during recess, snack, or lunchtime periods
- Assists with general maintenance and cleaning of nursery during
- job hours
- Assists with preparation of nursery supplies and equipment
- Assists in supervision of students in outside nursery spaces when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attends parent conferences as requested by lead teacher
- Meets regularly with lead teacher for planning and review of work
- Waldorf Teacher Training (or in process)
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Tidy and orderly personal presentation
- Early Childhood Credits that meet state requirements (6 units completed or in process)
This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Benefits include San Francisco Sick Paid Sick Leave and San Francisco Health Care Ordinance.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
- Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
- Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Hourly; Non-exempt from overtime
Reports to: Nursery Lead Teachers, in consultation with the Grade School Steering Committee.
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: Summer 2021
SFWS is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment. We are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.