Life Sciences Teacher
Rudolf Steiner School seeks a versatile colleague to teach biology and related mathematics and science courses. The core of this position includes teaching biology main lessons, electives, and labs in grades 9-12. Candidates should also be able to teach the fundamentals of mathematics, chemistry, and health education in grades 7 through12.
Strong candidates will have upper school teaching experience, ideally in a Waldorf school. Our school includes experienced mentor-teachers and in-house professional development opportunities; this position could be the right fit for an enthusiastic early-career teacher. As members of the Upper School faculty, teachers have the opportunity to work collaboratively with one another on a daily basis and in regular departmental, area, and all-school meetings.
Rudolf Steiner School (“Steiner”), an independent nursery to 12 school and the first Waldorf School in North America, is located on Manhattan's Upper East Side. The school is committed to building a healthy, inclusive community that reflects the diversity of NYC. We value an interest in diversity and multi-cultural competence. Steiner is accredited by the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- All aspects of preparing lessons, teaching, and assessing student work
- Regular communication with students, colleagues, and parents
- Full participation in school life including faculty meetings, professional development opportunities, evening events for current and prospective parents, special school events, and more
- Increasing participation in student life including class advising, class trips, personal advising, extra-curricular club advising, and more
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Completion of Bachelor’s degree: Master’s preferred
· Interest in and appreciation for Waldorf Education
· Commitment to professional growth including further education in Waldorf teaching
· Versatility, enthusiasm, punctuality, creativity
To be considered for the Upper School Spanish Teacher position, please send a letter of interest, a resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com We will be accepting applications until the position is filled.
Rudolf Steiner School is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, or any other category protected by law. The School takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance all qualified candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.