Job Title: Music Teacher, Grades 1 - 8
The Music Teacher is responsible for the music education of elementary school students and choir instruction for middle school students. Music is integral to the Waldorf curriculum, and the Music Teacher works to introduce basic musical skills to younger students. The elementary school music program includes instruction for vocals, pentatonic and diatonic flute, and note reading. The middle school music program focuses on choral instruction and performances.
This is a part-time position during the school year for 9 teaching periods per week: 2 periods in grade ½, 2 periods in grade ¾, and 5 periods for the Middle School Choir.
- Knowledge of music pedagogy and music repertoire
- Degree in music education or performance desired
- Teaching experience in classroom desired
- Willingness to learn about Waldorf education and incorporate its principles into teaching
Areas of Responsibility:
- Choosing repertoire, planning lessons, and teaching music classes
- Preparing students and attending performances at festivals and Winter Concert
- Collaborating with the class teacher
- Attending departmental meetings and full faculty meetings
- Writing mid-year progress reports and end-of year reports
- Being available for Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year
- Communicating effectively with parents, students, and colleagues
- Collaborating with class teachers
Guidelines for faculty conduct are described in the CWS Faculty Handbook. They should be reviewed by applicants before employment is accepted.
Compensation, hourly at $30/hour.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.