Orchard Valley Waldorf School
General Overview: At Orchard Valley Waldorf School, the Pedagogical Director inspires the self-development of all teachers in order that the strength of our faculty can find its truest expression. The Pedagogical Director inspires a culture of collaborative initiative and ensures that the faculty addresses matters of prime importance necessary for the effective functioning and overall health of the school.
In day-to-day operations, the Pedagogical Director ensures healthy communication between faculty, the Board, and the administration of the school and is a conduit for managing sensitive issues and the concerns of the parent community.
Reporting: The Pedagogical Director reports to the Collegial Circle and Board, and is a member of the Collegial Circle. The Pedagogical Director can act independently under the direction of the Collegial Circle. Under the direction of the Collegial Circle and Board, the three realms of the school (faculty, Board, and administration) will evaluate the Pedagogical Director and the position of Pedagogical Director on an annual basis.
Terms of Contract: 12-month, 50% FTE position.
Duties and Responsibilities: This key role supervises and supports all faculty in order to ensure their success in delivering quality Waldorf pedagogy to students, families and the broader community. The OVWS Pedagogical Director will serve in the following four main capacities, to support both administrative and pedagogical practice at Orchard Valley Waldorf School:
Working collaboratively and in combination with the Administrative Director
1) To maintain human resource and pedagogical accountability of faculty and staff. Set priorities and maintain accountability by:
- Carrying global perspective of OVWS vision, mission and values
- Ensuring the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency, coherence, and continuity.
- Providing monthly reporting to Board and Collegial Circle
2) To address parent and community concerns in a proactive, articulate and timely way. This includes supporting faculty in addressing parents, faculty and staff as concerns arise.
Working in collaborative leadership with the Collegial Circle
3) To assure implementation, continuity and shared holding of parent education stemming from a broad understanding of human development and how Waldorf Pedagogy meets today’s child.
To imbue anthroposophy into all aspects of the organization by:
- Coordinating weekly enrichment at faculty meetings
- Assisting faculty members with pedagogical questions
- Coordinating and supporting peer mentoring by providing teacher coverage as needed
- Attending faculty meetings with reporting as needed
4) To coordinate with the Faculty Facilitator in developing both the short and long term direction for the Collegial Circle and Faculty Meeting agendas and inspirations. The Pedagogical Director will achieve this by:
- Chairing the Collegial Circle and responsible for carrying out the administrative work of the Collegial Circle.
- Working with the Collegial Circle to support the resolution of individual parent or class-wide pedagogical concerns
- Supporting and coordinating the hiring process
- Coordinating and supporting professional development of faculty
- Oversee Self-Study Report work (year 2)
- Support accreditation process
These four areas will be complemented with the particular gifts/skillsets of the hired individual to fill a 50% position.
We are an employee opportunity employee offering support for professional development, remission and competitive salary. If interested please send your letter of interest, resume and three references to email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.