Seeking Long Term Substitue for the 2022-2023 School Year
Seeking long term Substitute for the 2022-2023 year
Living Soil Ecclesiastical Ministries
Living Soil home school Waldorf group
Santa Rosa, CA
Living Soil Ecclesiastical Ministries is seeking a long term position of Assistant or Co-Lead Teacher for a combined 2nd/3rd grade class. This position will become substitute for the Lead Teacher who will be taking maternity leave in January. A two school-year commitment is highly preferred, however only applicants who can commit to the entire 2022-2023 year will be considered.
Founded in 2020, Living Soil is a Private Based Organization with 508c(1)a non-profit. We meet in a private home, and member families are committed to maintaining the private, intimate setting as their children grow through the 8th grade like a traditional Waldorf class. We have chickens and a bunny and plenty of garden space for the students to work, get muddy and build forts.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience working with Waldorf philosophies and in leading large groups of children, communicates clearly with students, staff and parents, and works creatively to find the many ways of meeting children as they journey through life. Additionally, the ideal candidate knows how their simple presence and conduct serves as a role model to the young souls they serve.
Classes run Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00am-3:15pm. School begins Tuesday, September 6, 2022.
- Position is salary based and dependent on education and experience.
- 100% tuition remission for any children matriculated in the school
- Your family becomes our family, invited to participate in all our year-round festivals and celebrations (Michaelmas, Winter Spiral, May Fair, etc.)
- Regular training and mentoring from Lead teacher (if needed), even during maternity leave
- Input as a co-creator of the curriculum if desired
- Family home setting with the ability to bring children to work as needed
- Daily morning check-ins and weekly meetings with Lead Teacher
- Willingness to work with flexibility as challenges arise
- Flexibility with the curriculum to meet the needs of a combined grades class
- Build a strong relationship with students, colleagues and parents
- Ability to hold big-picture goals while working on day-to-day activities
- Participation and help producing annual festivals and grade-based celebrations
To apply or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.