Afternoon Extended Day Teacher
Extended Day Teacher - Grades or Early Childhood
SUMMARY: You will be working in the extended day program (early childhood or grades).
HOURS: 3:00-6:00, Monday-Friday
WAGE: $18.00 an hour; Part-time (approx 15 hours a week)
This position will start late August for an orientation with all staff. School starts after Memorial Day.
Reports to: Lead Teacher
Overtime Status: Nonexempt
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com.
- Preparing snacks and activities for the afternoon program beginning at 3pm. (being aware of children’s allergies, medical condition and dietary restrictions)
- Communicating regularly with the lead class teachers.
- Taking attendance: Responsible for marking attendance and ensuring parents are signing children out at pick-up. Communicating with the Administrative Assistant about drop-ins and attendance limits in the afternoon program.
- Maintaining safety and observing playground rules when outdoors.
- Cleaning and putting away playground equipment - getting indoor and outdoor spaces ready for the next day.
- Participating in a professional development process, as indicated by the school (WECAN conference participation)
- Ensuring that all doors are locked and secured, stove top, oven and all lights are off, when leaving the premises at the end of the program.
- Experience with or willingness to learn about Waldorf education and curriculum
- Some experience in child care
Your application has been successfully submitted.