First Grade Aide
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This is a part-time position.
Start Date: August 2022
The position of the First Grade Class Aide serves the purpose of providing additional support to the lead teacher of the First Grade. It is an opportunity to gain Waldorf classroom experience and to be mentored by a lead teacher.
The Aide helps the First Grade lead teacher as well as special subject teachers in maintaining a harmonious and orderly classroom. This includes assisting in all facets of classroom activities, carrying out lesson plans and leading large and small groups of children.
· Assist the teachers with the supervision of students who may exhibit emotional, behavioral, or academic challenges
· Supervise class and individual students when the lead teacher is occupied with other students or when directed by the lead teacher to work with individual or groups of students
· Supervise students during recess, snack, or lunchtime periods
· Prepare and maintain classroom supplies and equipment, general cleaning of classroom
· Display respect for the lead teacher’s authority
· Use discretion and confidentiality in communication
· Supervise students outside the classroom when necessary
· Attend parent conferences as requested by the lead teacher
· Meet regularly with the lead teacher for planning and review of work
· Perform other duties as assigned
Up to six hours daily, thirty per week. Exact schedule will be arranged with the Class Teacher. Additional hours to be arranged in advance if needed. If possible, the Aide should attend the Grade School Faculty meeting on Thursdays from 2:15 to 3:30 which is compensated at a separate rate. This position does not continue during the summer break.
· Waldorf Teacher Training completed or in process
· Enthusiasm and flexibility
· Professional personal presentation
This is a non-exempt, hourly position. It does not continue through the summer break.
Benefits include San Francisco Sick Paid Sick Leave and San Francisco Health Care Ordinance
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
· Be able to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
· Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
· Regularly sitting or standing 4-8 hours
FLSA Classification: Not exempt from overtime; hourly
Reports to: Grade School Chair
Hired by: Grade School Steering Committee
Date Modified: April 2022
San Francisco Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, or any protected class. We recognize that the range of ethnicities, nationalities, languages, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance the school’s learning environment, and we are committed to fostering equity and inclusion.
Please send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.