Special Education Teacher
Education Support Lead Teacher
$42,000 to $65,000
Medical, dental, tuition remission for dependents
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter describing your knowledge of Waldorf Education®, a brief biography, and three references (with contact information) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Hiring Committee.
Please state “Ed. Support Lead” Application in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their submissions; however, we will only contact candidates we feel are the best-suited for this position.
· Have education and training/certification in the field of Special Education (or related) and/ training/certification in Waldorf Education/Heart Program
· Have demonstrated history of effectiveness with a broad variety of learners including but not limited to ADD, ADHD, OCD, Anxiety, Dyslexia and others)
· Have a track record of effective communication with colleagues, parents and supervisors
· Celebrate neurodiversity and create a culture of acceptance and inclusion within the classroom
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills and are able to consistently generate written anecdotal reports, as well as report cards and Individual Education Plans
Responsibilities and competencies will include, but are not limited to:
· Ensures that all exceptionalities and medical conditions are recorded and an IEP/healthcare plan
· Ensures all staff are appropriately briefed
· Arranges IEP and internal and external Circle of Care meetings
· Ensures we deliver all necessary accommodations, care and support unless it causes undue hardship
· Oversees the assessment and academic program needs of students
· at specifically identified markers throughout the Grades from Senior Kindergarten through to Grade Eight
· Support students with reading and writing in one-on-one or in group settings
● Manage student behaviour based on Well Managed Schools™
● Spokesperson for the student Circle of Care
● Communicate with parents and answer parents’ questions or concerns
● Prepare and conduct learning support information sessions and parent-teacher conferences
Leadership, Interpersonal and Relationship Building Skills:
● Collaboratively work with faculty and mentor colleagues based on experience level
● Maintain a positive relationship with parents
● Respect cultural and social differences, and allow for different parenting styles and values
● Keep the relationship between parents and self on a professional level
● Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of the organization at all times
● Prepare and participate in assemblies and festivals
● Participate in school community and public relations events (e.g. open house)
● Participate on school committees
● Participate (and share in cost of) approved annual professional development
● May be required to work in various temperatures within the facility and outdoors
● Generally, the job requires 50% sitting, 5% walking, and 45% movement
● Be able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, and pull
Qualifications and Skill Required:
● Bachelor of Education (Ontario)
● Waldorf HEART Training (optional)
● Special Education Qualifications
● Minimum three years paid experience in an accredited primary school
● First Aid and CPR certification is up-to-date or willing to obtain
● Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
● Be flexible and adaptable to new situations
● Ability to use good judgment, self management and effective problem-solving skill
● High moral to the learning of all students
Closing date for applications: September 30, 2022
Interview dates: August 2022
Join Our Community at Waldorf Academy!
Waldorf Academy is a member of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America® and for over thirty-five years has built its mission on a spiritual and developmental pedagogy which all our teachers study and bring to life in the classrooms.
Please find more about Waldorf Academy’s community and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.