Assistant Aftercare Teachers
Camellia Waldorf School is seeking Assistant Aftercare Teachers for the fall of 2022 for our students from Preschool to 8th Grade.
The Assistant Aftercare Teacher supports our Lead Teachers in their daily routine. They must work well as a team member as well as be able to safely manage a group of students on their own. Flexibility is expected when needs arise to best support the aftercare team as a whole.
The Assistant Aftercare Teacher will also be asked to staff school events, including holiday care, parent meetings, and other events throughout the year.
Assistant Aftercare Teacher Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing for and facilitating a restful nap time for preschool students
- Providing bathroom support to preschool students, if necessary
- Administering first aid when necessary
- Creating and maintaining a safe play environment
- Working well with a team and responsibly on one’s own
- Cleaning and helping maintain the indoor and outdoor play areas
- Preparing and cleaning up from snacks if needed
- Conducting one’s self in a manner mindful of Waldorf principles
- Modeling kind and respectful behavior to students
- Using kind and direct communication
- Participating in regular staff meetings
- Participating in periodical performance reviews
- Providing kind and supportive care.
- Creating a safe environment, both indoors and outdoors.
- Encouraging and guiding appropriate play and model behavior to students with respect to Waldorf philosophies.
Applicants should meet the following requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age;
- Minimum two years of childcare experience;
- For Preschool ONLY; Have a minimum of 6 core ECE units-12 preferred (transcripts required);
- Familiarity with Waldorf teaching philosophy, or interest and willingness to learn;
- Possess a keen sense of awareness of their environment (multi-tasker, alert to surroundings);
- Friendly and approachable (with students and parents);
- Positive, energetic personality enjoys working with children;
- Patient, understanding, able to follow instructions and adhere to specific schedules;
- Can meet the physical demands of working with Preschool-aged children (bending, stooping, floor work, lifting children);
- Able to manage students in a classroom and playground setting;
- Strict adherence to school policies and ability to interpret and enforce rules;
- CPR/first aid certification preferred, or willing to obtain training.
Hours: Depending on shifts.
Our extended care program runs from 12:15 pm to 5:15 pm Monday to Friday.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary September 2022 to June 2023
Pay Rate: $15 - $18 hourly based on education and experience.
The Camellia community is warm and welcoming, combining strong heart forces with a practical organization. We strive for diversity, and we celebrate one another. The Sacramento River, located right in our backyard, brings excellent support to our Waldorf educational program.
Camellia Waldorf School is a non-profit organization that welcomes applicants of any religion, race, color, sexual orientation, gender preference, and national or ethnic origin.
Please send a cover letter, work resume, personal biographical statement, and professional references to email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Camellia Waldorf School educates by honoring childhood, appreciating the individuality of each student, and instilling a sense of moral and ethical re...