Temporary Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
We have an immediate opening for a part-time Early Childhood Assistant in our Early Childhood Program.
This is an hourly paid, maternity leave position from September to December.
The Classroom Assistant is expected to arrive in the classroom by 8:00 a.m. each day, ready to begin their tasks by 8:15 a.m., and remain on campus until 3:30 p.m.
Daily Duties include, but not limited to:
- Daily snack preparation and clean up.
- Participation in all aspects of classroom routine.
- Help and support in times of transitions.
- Directing questions and concerns to the Lead teacher.
- Holding the class while the Lead teacher is out of the classroom.
- Assisting and monitoring children in the bathroom.
- Weekly classroom laundry.
- Routine maintenance and cleaning of the classroom and bathroom throughout the day.
- Other duties as they arise or are requested by the Lead Teacher or EC faculty.
A qualified candidate for this position should:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent and experience in working with children.
- Flexibility and good with time management throughout the rhythm of the day as directed by the teacher.
- Be prepared to go outside comfortably in all types of weather every day.
- Willing to grow and adapt based on guidance from the teacher, to assist in the classroom based on the philosophy and child development of the Waldorf Education.
- Possess dedication, positive attitude, a quiet presence, and the ability to carry through routine with care, love and attention.
Physical Demands of Job:
The Early Childhood Assistant must be able to repetitively bend, stretch and stoop and lift children. Must be able to move light furniture and bulk food ingredients. Must be able to fully maintain sight and sound child supervision and be willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather, accompanying children throughout the campus, including wooded areas, uneven and steep dirt paths, stairs etc.
Applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
To learn more or for an informal conversation about the position, contact Dr Becca Torregrossa, Faculty Administrator - 215-248-1662 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.