Lead Early Childhood Teacher, Full Time
The Waldorf School of St. Louis is seeking an Early Childhood Lead Teacher to join our faculty in the 2022-23 school year. Our Early Childhood programs include Parent/Child, Preschool, and Kindergarten classes.
The teacher will be responsible for providing a Waldorf Early Childhood education to our students in a mixed-age class. This position requires a deep understanding of Waldorf early childhood pedagogy as well as the ability to:
- bring Waldorf curriculum to meet the needs of each child as well as the whole class
- assess the evolving needs of the children in the class through record keeping, including first grade readiness assessments
- work well with the parents, provide parent education on Waldorf education and create a healthy class community
- commit to self-development and have a growing relationship with Anthroposophy
- serve the school through committee work, administrative responsibilities and work collaboratively with faculty, administration, and other school realms
Qualifications: Ideal candidates are Waldorf-trained teachers with a Bachelor’s degree, a few years of teaching experience, and a commitment to work out of Anthroposophy. Candidates enrolled in Waldorf teacher training will be considered but will be expected to complete a Waldorf certification program.
Interested job applicants should email their cover letter with a short autobiographical statement, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.