Founded in 1966, the Fellowship Community is an intergenerational, intentional community in Chestnut Ridge, New York, where 130 elder members, coworkers, and children live on 80 acres of farmland and woodland, about 30 miles north of New York City. The community is also supported by coworkers and professionals who live outside the community but share an interest in service and healthcare. Hilltop House, a 33-bed adult care facility, is the center of our community, where our elders are cared for throughout the last phases of life. We are located down the road from Green Meadow Waldorf School, Sunbridge Institute and much more.
We are seeking a registered nurse interested in working collaboratively with our team of nurses, nurse-practitioner, and caregivers to provide individualized, holistic, human-centered care to our elder members. The community welcomes people of all social and spiritual backgrounds.
This position comes with an Excellent Salary and Benefits package, including biodynamic/organic lunches and a truly picturesque place to work. Where else can you walk out to the farm and see the baby claves during your break or pick up your milk and cheese?
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Salary: From $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required and non-negotiable
- NYS registration as professional nurse (Required)
· Functions as integral member of healthcare team
· Works collaboratively with nurse practitioner and nurses in development and implementation of plans of care
· Oversees provision of care, assuring a high standard of quality
· Serves as point person for clinical communications between nurse-practitioner and all members of care team
· Helps initiate and monitor medical treatments and care procedures
· Provides hands-on care with specialized or complex procedures
· Administers medications
· Assures the availability of medications, working with ordering team, tracking pharmacy deliveries, MAR entries
· Coordinates care through monitoring of vital signs and weights, tracking of labs, and visits with outside providers
· Facilitates ordering of special equipment and supplies
· Communicates with family members
· Participates in new member intake process
· Participates in caregiver, member, family education
· Provides palliative care, working with end-of-life team
· Participates in reviews by independent review board and DOH
· Responds to independent member illness or emergency
· Monitors hospitalizations and coordinates reentry into Hilltop
· Attends weekly nurse meeting
· Current NYS registration as professional nurse
· Three years clinical nursing practice, preferably in elder care
· Current basic life support certification
· Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record
· Interest in holistic modalities
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills
· Creative problem solving
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Physical stamina
We are an EOE.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.