[Priority Listing] Certificated Class Teacher Immediate Opening
California Credential Teaching Position 1-8
Deadline to submit and how to Submit: Please email a letter of interest, resume, and the contact information for three professional references who are familiar with your work as a teacher to: Karina Haedo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Salary: Competitive Compensation & Benefits Based on full time status
Qualifications: Please see attached job description
Work Year: 190 days (11 months)
- Cover Letter of Interest
- Three Letters of Professional Reference (dated within last year)
- Required Certificate and/or Credential
- Fingerprinting and passing Department of Justice clearance
- Tuberculosis Test
- COVID - 19 vaccination as defined by the California Department of Public Health or agree to weekly testing when recommended by Marin co public health
Novato Charter School in Marin County, California is accepting applications for a grades (1st-8th) teaching position for the 2022-23 school year. Teachers are expected to prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials; instruct and monitor students; evaluate and document student progress; allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests; supervise classroom aides, where applicable.
Qualified applicants for class teaching faculty positions must have a California Teaching Credential. Additionally, a Waldorf Certification, or current enrollment in an approved Waldorf certification program, is highly desirable. Previous experience as a Waldorf class teacher in multiple grades is highly desired.
We seek candidates who have high academic standards, the ability to respect and engender the respect of students of all ages, the knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm to engage students of all temperaments and ability levels, and the interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, and parents. Strong skills in art, music, and/or drama are highly desired for faculty positions. We recommend that all applicants review our Website (https://novatocharterschool.org/) and Core Values and Mission Statement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ability to supervise up to 30 students while conveying state standards using current best educational practices, core principles of public education methodologies and educational philosophies, using Waldorf teaching methods. Teachers require strong classroom management strategies and positive discipline techniques. Teachers must know and apply student development theories, student assessment principles, curriculum development strategies, effective curriculum evaluation, motivational theories, utilize effective communication strategies, understand essential laws/regulations governing special education services, student protection laws, and organizational theory.
Be flexible; work in an atmosphere of unpredictability and challenge; examine one’s own knowledge and seek out opportunities for professional development; function as a member of a professional team; and function as a role model for children and parents.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Valid California Teaching Credential for self contained classroom (Multiple Subject)
- Experience: Experience in teaching at Waldorf schools at multiple grade levels is highly desired.
- Department of Justice Fingerprint Clearance
- TB Clearance
- COVID - 19 vaccination as defined by the California Department of Public Health or agree to weekly testing when recommended by Marin County Public Health.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment
- Seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and various tools and equipment.
- Seeing to read, prepare, and assure the accuracy of a variety of materials and perform maintenance duties.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects (up to 30 pounds) as assigned by the position.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, and stooping.
- Walking, sitting, or standing for extended periods.
- Potential exposure to/direct contact with bodily fluids/blood borne pathogens.
DIRECT REPORTS TO: Director
We seek candidates who have high academic standards, the ability to respect and engender the respect of students of all ages, the knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm to engage students of all temperaments and ability levels, and the interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues, administration, and parents. Strong skills in art, music, and/or drama are highly desired for faculty positions. We recommend that all applicants review our Website and Core Values and Mission Statement.
NCS is guided by the core principles of Public Waldorf Education serving approximately 280 students in grades TK–8. NCS’s talented faculty is supported by an involved parent body. In addition to our class teachers, our curriculum provides Specialty Teachers for classes in Spanish, Music, Games & Movement, Organic Gardening, Handwork, and Middle School Math. You will find our faculty warm, supportive, accepting and devoted to their school. We have a great time working together as we hone our craft as Waldorf educators in the public sector. We offer a competitive salary as well as health, retirement benefits, and a school year calendar designed for sustainable teaching and learning. We offer priority enrollment for students of hired faculty members.
Novato Charter School prohibits, at any district school or school activity, discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, intimidation, and bullying, based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This shall apply when applicable, to interns, volunteers, and job applicants.
For questions, concerns or complaints about discrimination or harassment based on the above, please contact the Title IX Compliance Officer: NCS Executive Director 940 C Street, Novato, CA 94949; (415) 883-4254; NovatoCharterHR@NUSD.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.