Pedagogical Chair - Part-Time
Pedagogical Chair, Part Time
The Waldorf School of St. Louis is seeking a part time Pedagogical Chair to join our team for immediate hire.
This role is a pedagogical administrative position with a wide range of responsibilities related to establishing and evolving the school’s curriculum and ensuring that the school can meet its pedagogical goals. This person is responsible for ensuring the school’s mission, vision, values, and strategic goals are living within the school by working closely with the College of Teachers, the Administrative Chair, and the Board of Trustees leadership.
- Support faculty to meet pedagogical goals and ensure collegial collaboration
- Provide oversight of curriculum development, pedagogical policy and procedure, program administration, faculty hiring and dismissal, professional development, and student admissions
- Create and realize strategic visions in collaboration with other school leadership, including faculty, administration, board, and committees
- Facilitate AWSNA and WECAN accreditations and self-study processes
- Facilitate communication between parents, faculty, administration
- Serve on the College of Teachers
- Serve on the Board
- Waldorf Teaching Experience: Is a certified Waldorf Teacher and has a minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in a Waldorf school. Ideal candidates would also have Waldorf Administrative certification or training
- Has a deep understanding of evolving Waldorf pedagogy and curriculum, and a commitment to the Waldorf movement
- Demonstrates leadership skills to advance the mission, vision, and values of the Waldorf School of St. Louis, and an ability to work collegially with the constituent groups of the school community
- Ability to collaborate in teamwork as a member of the school’s leadership teams, including Administration, College of Teachers, and the Board of Trustees
- Has a commitment to anthroposophy, and a dedication to furthering personal education
- Excellent communication skills with a commitment to transparency
- Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Exhibits an understanding of WSSL's mission, vision, values, strategic vision, and goals
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.