Choir Teacher 2022-23
Portland Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a part-time Choir Teacher for the 2022-23 school year. Successful candidates will enthusiastically and energetically engage students and will work collaboratively with other faculty and administrators to create an educational environment that is aligned with the school mission and program goals. This position is an integral part of the music program at our school, which offers a secure, healthy, and nurturing environment for students.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Teach four Choir classes per week to a small group in each of grades 7-12. The other group will be in orchestra
- Select appropriate music for each grade
- Create rehearsal recordings for High School Choir
- Create and update High School Choir syllabus working collaboratively with the Music Director
- Coordinate four concerts per year working collaboratively with the other music teachers, including creating choir line-up/seating charts, help set up chairs, stands, risers, direct choirs, tear down after concert
- Coordinate choirs for promotion and graduation including choosing appropriate songs, rehearsing with choirs, attending ceremonies and directing choirs
- Attend meetings as requested
Preferred qualifications include: A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certification and experience in related field, Waldorf Teacher Training and teaching experience, experience working with adolescents, adept at teaching to a wide range of student abilities and have strong classroom management skills. We are looking for an individual dedicated to Waldorf education, with love and enthusiasm for teaching. We value confidence in representing Waldorf education to the broader community, and dedication to the whole school.
Portland Waldorf School was founded in 1982 and is fully accredited through AWSNA. We serve over 300 students in Early Childhood through 12th grade on a beautiful seven-acre campus. We offer a full Waldorf curriculum including Music, Handwork, Applied Arts, Drama, Outdoor Education, Spanish and Mandarin Grades 1-8, World Languages in Grades 9-12, Foreign Exchange program, Eurythmy, Games/PE, as well as a middle and high school Athletics Program.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position with a pay rate of $75/class for four classes per week during the school year and $15.00/hour for meetings. Benefits offered include paid sick time per Oregon state law. Please send resume, letter of interest, and the contact information of three references that know your work with students including phone and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Portland Waldorf School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion. People of color and others underrepresented in our community are encouraged to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.