Athletic Director Part Time
Summary: The WSP Athletic Director’s (AD) primary responsibility is to coordinate, manage, operate, and develop the high school and middle school sports program (Grades 6-12), creating a positive culture of athletics at our school.
The Athletic Director manages and works with players, parents, coaches, and school personnel to ensure that the WSP athletic program is achieving its goals and is fostering a positive culture of athletics. The AD works with the school leadership and community to create a vision for the growth and development of the athletic program and work to achieve that vision.
Administrative duties include:
1. Schedule all athletic contests and practices. All athletic events should be scheduled in correspondence with the Calendar Committee and the school’s general calendar to avoid key dates and ensure the minimum amount of conflict with other school events. Communicate with faculty (class teachers and subject teachers) about athletic schedules and early release requests.
2. Work with league officials and other athletic directors to schedule, update and confirm game officials.
3. Make travel arrangements, which includes; vehicle reservations, volunteer driver arrangements, gas arrangements, lodging and food when necessary for multi-day trips.
4. Coordinate team pictures.
5. In connection with the Director of Finance and Pedagogical administrator, the AD coordinates and manages athletic budgets.
6. Collaborate with the Business Office on financial issues pertaining to athletics, which include collection and deposit of participation fees, grant management, coaches’ contracts, check requests and purchases, admissions and concessions deposits, etc.
7. Stay abreast of league regulations and guidelines for team athletic participation. Submit team rosters and additional forms in a timely manner. Update member school information. Attend district and league meetings.
8. Oversee uniform, equipment, and first aid inventory and allocation for all sports.
9. Create, update, distribute and collect necessary forms for registration.
10. Regularly communicate key information to coaches and players, including schedule changes, directions to away games, game and practice schedules, rosters, etc.
11. Respond in a timely manner to phone messages, mail, and email.
12. Communicate with news media when necessary and comply with their requests for information.
13. Monitor eligibility of all student-athletes.
14. Monitor driver eligibility for parents and coaches. Ensure they provide the required information.
15. Perform close-down duties after hosting home games, which includes approval and submission of official’s paperwork.
16. Coordinate end-of-season special events such as Post Season Banquets, Student Faculty games and Senior Appreciation night for all high school sports.
Qualifications and Desirable Traits:
- Understanding of Waldorf methods and philosophy as related to athletics.
- Prior Athletic Director experience or substantial experience in senior coaching positions, preferably with Waldorf or other independent school experience
- Possesses a love of interscholastic athletics and desire to support the pursuits of student-athletes.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to Waldorf School of the Peninsula’s educational values and strives to support and promote those values within the athletic program.
- Strong organizational skills and resource management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, management skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present the program to parents and students
- Able to work both as a leader and as part of a team
- Basic competence with MS Word, Excel and Outlook and a willingness/aptitude to learn and master scheduling and additional software as necessary
This is a part-time hourly position. Contact us for more information and to send your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.