CNA/Caregiver for Overnight Shift (Night Spender)
The Fellowship Community is an Inter-Generational Care Community settled on 80 acres of farm and forest, 90 minutes north of New York City, which serves the needs of elder members through the phases of aging, from independent apartment living to more direct care, surrounding and supporting the individual with a more human approach to care.
We are seeking a qualified overnight caregiver to look after our members during the night until morning. During the interim, the overnight caregiver provides quality care, as needed. The night spender will monitor our members to ensure they are safe and comfortable, and will provide a warm and supportive “home-like” atmosphere in the adult home.
Schedule can be flexible, part-time or full-time options available.
Compensation: Starting at $24.00 an hour
Benefits: Paid Time Off, meals provided during covered shifts, if serving
Reports to: Head Nurse
To Apply: Submit a cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrive 15 minutes early to familiarize yourself with current care needs and receive a handoff from prior shift.
- Remain alert in the home until morning.
- Observe and promptly report changes in physical condition, health status of members to supervisors.
- Respond promptly and positively to member requests for assistance.
- Maintain daily records in accordance with Fellowship policy.
- Maintain clean, safe, and orderly environment.
- Awareness of emergency procedures.
- Awareness of location of all members.
- Cooperation and teamwork with care team, coworkers and members.
Qualifications and requirements (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
- Reliability, punctuality, and attention to detail are a must
- Ability to train during the day is preferred
- Respect of others
- High standards of quality caregiving
- Legal compliance
- Ability to listen, clear communication
- Physical ability to reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs. while avoiding potential injury
- Long term commitment and one weekend day (this full-time position requires a weekend day as part of your shift)
- *COVID-19 VACCINE IS REQUIRED*
Must have and up-to-date CNA certification
High School Diploma or GED
paid time off
Your application has been successfully submitted.