Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) / Caregiver
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) / Caregiver
Location: 241 Hungry Hollow Road Chestnut Ridge, NY 10977
Status: Full-time or Part-time, 8-10 hour shift, Monday-Friday, Weekend Availability
Compensation: Starting at $18 an hour
Benefits: Paid Time Off
Reports to: HTH Manager
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to
Job Summary: A weekend day is required for this position!
The Fellowship Community is seeking a qualified individual to assist elder members in activities of daily living and provide a warm and supportive “home-like” atmosphere in the adult home.
An Intergenerational Care Community settled on 80 acres of farm and forest, 90 minutes north of New York City, the Fellowship Community serves the needs of elder members through the phases of aging, from independent apartment living to more direct care, surrounding and supporting the individual with a more human approach to care.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assist members with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transfers, serving, feeding, and transport to and from activities and meals.
- Observation and prompt reporting of changes in physical condition, health status of members to supervisors.
- Respond promptly and positively to member requests for assistance.
- Maintain daily records in accordance with Fellowship policy.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly environment.
- Awareness of emergency procedures.
- Awareness of location of a member.
- Cooperation and teamwork with the care team, coworkers and members.
Education, Skill Set and Qualifications Needed
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Reliability and attention to detail are a must
- Respect of others
- High standards of quality caregiving
- Legal compliance
- Ability to listen, clear communication
- Physical ability to reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, kneel, lift up to 50 lbs. while avoiding potential injury
- Long term commitment and one weekend day (this full-time position requires a weekend day as part of your shift)
- *COVID-19 VACCINE IS REQUIRED*
Character Qualities and Work Style
- Adaptable and flexible. Open to change and variations in workplace and workflow.
- Creative, sensitive to problems, problem solver. In-tune with others' need for self-advocacy.
- Compassionate. Gentle. Active Listener. Demonstrates discernment.
- Strong Coordinator and Collaborator. Able to adjust actions in relation to other’s actions. Works well with others.
- Takes initiative. Able to see what needs to be done and naturally take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Self-confident. Grounded. Willing and able to lead as needed and respectfully offer opinions and direction.
- Stable. Able to maintain composure and self-control, keep emotions in check and not take things personally.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and dependable. Thorough in completion of work tasks and fulfilling obligations. Finds ways to accomplish the desired goal / effect.
- Attentive to privacy issues. Able to support compliance with RSFF policy, State and Federal law, and administration.
- Integrity. Honest and ethical.
Your application has been successfully submitted.