Grade 1-2 Lead Teacher, short-term maternity leave
SCOPE OF THE POSITION: Mulberry Waldorf School is seeking a full time Grade 1/2 Lead Teacher for a short-term maternity leave contract position from Monday, February 27, 2023* until Friday, June 30, 2023, with the possibility of a fixed term contract renewal for the 2023-2024 school year. Ideally, the successful candidate will spend the first two weeks of the contract observing and co-teaching with the current Grade 1/2 Lead Teacher, assuming full lead teaching responsibilities on March 20, after our two week March Break. The contract start date may be adjusted earlier.
The Grade 1/2 Class Teacher works out of Mulberry Waldorf School’s Vision and Mission and within our Governance Structure. The Grade 1/2 Class Teacher must work closely with the Grade 1 Assistant Teacher and Educational Assistant as well as other teachers, office staff, and school leadership to promote an exemplary Waldorf educational program and maintain a positive learning environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Waldorf Teacher training and/or experience in Waldorf Education
● Bachelor of Education Degree or other relevant education/experience
● Current Police Check, including the Vulnerable Sector Check and Standard First Aid Certification
● A passion for holistic education and an openness to developing musical and artistic abilities
● An understanding of structured literacy
● Experience and confidence with positive behaviour management
● Excellent organizational, communication, time management, and collaboration skills
The ideal candidate will:
● Fulfil Teaching and Pedagogical Responsibilities (curriculum, supervision, assessments) with accountability to the Pedagogical Director and Human Resources Committee
● Attend Grade School and Full Staff meetings
● Follow the school’s Code of Conduct: respecting self, others, and the environment
● Follow the Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement
● Create a warm and nurturing environment for children with clear, consistent boundaries
● Communicate regularly with class parents
● Commit to continuing personal and professional development
ABOUT MULBERRY: Mulberry Waldorf School is an independent school and a not-for-profit, charitable organization, established in 1996. We offer programs from birth through Grade 8. Our School is located within an active downtown community in historic Kingston, with access to local parks, waterfront, conservation areas and provincial parks. Our Board of Directors, teachers, administration and parents work collaboratively to sustain the operations of the School.
COMPENSATION: Salary is determined by base salary multiplied by a qualifier for qualifications and years of experience. The base salary for this 4 month period would be $14,280. The school supports professional development and offers health allowances, mentoring, and tuition reduction for staff children.
DEADLINE: We will accept complete applications of cover letter, resumé, and contact information for two professional references by November 24, 2022 sent to email@example.com.
Mulberry Waldorf School is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates; however, Permanent Residents will be given priority.
We thank all candidates in advance, but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Your application has been successfully submitted.