Waldorf Pedagogical Lead
2022-23 School Year
Position: Waldorf Pedagogical Lead - Grades K-8
Circle of Seasons Charter School, a Public Waldorf School, seeks a well-qualified, experienced Waldorf Pedagogical Lead, Grades K-8 for the 2022-2023 school year.
Our curriculum includes Fiber and Fine Arts, Woodworking, Games and Movement, Gardening, Music, German, French, and Spanish. Our faculty engages in ongoing professional development, working collaboratively and individually to develop skill in designing instruction and creating classroom experiences that build caring communities.
The Pedagogical Lead serves as the steward for school-wide Waldorf pedagogy. The Pedagogical Lead guides and coaches individual teachers and teaching teams in Public Waldorf education practices, curriculum, and concepts. The Pedagogical Lead develops the Circle of Seasons Pennsylvania Common Core standards-aligned curriculum in conjunction with teaching teams and trains grade level teams on Waldorf-methods instruction within this standards-aligned curriculum framework. The Pedagogical lead oversees and develops assessment and progress report practices, scheduling Waldorf school events guidance curriculum and practices, organization and delivery of needed teaching resources, coordination of outside training to meet professional development needs and implementation and development of school-wide family/parent education programming. The Pedagogical Lead will undertake key parts of the COS strategic Plan in conjunction with other school leaders and committees and may be asked to report on progress at the monthly Board of Trustees meetings.
• Waldorf training and experience teaching multiple grades in a Public Waldorf school
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for and knowledge of Public Waldorf Education with a demonstrated intention to deepen knowledge and understanding
• Pennsylvania Teacher Certification in Elementary Education and/or Middle Grades Desired
• 5 years or more of teaching experience in an interdisciplinary setting required; completing a multi-year loop preferred
• Waldorf teacher certification preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s Degree or higher preferred
• Dedication to excellence in teaching and experience with creating and implementing professional development
• Capacity to represent the school’s mission, vision, core values, and curriculum to new and existing staff
• Confident leadership presence including strong social and communication skills and capacity to collaborate, delegate, and resolve conflicts effectively
• Proven ability in effectively working and collaborating with staff new to Circle of Seasons • Excellent organization, time management, writing, and computer skills
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop Public Waldorf program for COS grades K-8
• Coordinate K-8 teaching staff in mapping and developing our Circle of Seasons Public Waldorf curriculum
• Support all aspects of school-wide pedagogy for teachers
• Hold high standards for designing curriculum that integrates Pennsylvania Common Core Standards with art, movement, and nature experiences
• Coach teachers in facilitating interdisciplinary instruction that is inclusive of all learners
• Participate in ongoing professional development
• Maintain a positive professional environment that is safe, joyful, and nurturing
School business hours are 8:00 - 4:00 Monday through Friday; however administrative roles often mandate working beyond these set hours. The Pedagogical Lead is expected to participate in all meetings, open house events, and school festivals and gatherings outside of these hours.
The starting salary for this position is $48,000 and includes participation in the 403b retirement plan and healthcare benefits. Background clearances, physical examination and TB test will be required.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for Public Waldorf education, a love for working with children, strong self-direction, openness to or strong inclination for the arts, and developed sense of themselves as educators working with children.
Please forward a letter of interest, resume, and statement of your personal philosophy of education to Human Resources at email@example.com
Please go to website for complete job description.
Your application has been successfully submitted.