Grades Teacher - Elementary
2022-23 School Year
Position: Class Teacher Elementary Classroom
Circle of Seasons Charter School, a Public Waldorf School, seeks a caring, enthusiastic Elementary Classroom Teacher for the remainder 2022-2023 school year.
Come join us at the only Public Waldorf Charter Schools in the northeast! Circle of Seasons is a public Waldorf K-8 school located on a 35-acre wooded campus, overlooking the beautiful Lehigh Valley. In close proximity to both outdoor recreation opportunities (less than 15 miles from the Appalachian Trail and 12 miles from local skiing), the Lehigh Valley offers robust art, music, theater, restaurant, and social amenities. An asset to our community, Circle of Seasons offers Waldorf education in the public setting with excited and committed families from all over the Lehigh Valley and beyond.
At Circle of Seasons we recognize the value, importance, and challenges that come with attracting and meeting the needs of diverse populations. Candidates for consideration should be enthusiastic, joyful, warm and motivated. We value candidates that possess a deep understanding of child development and a caring disposition. We are eager to welcome to our team a colleague committed to building strong collegial and family relationships and one who is committed to self-development.
Our curriculum includes Fiber and Fine Arts, Woodworking, Games and Movement, Gardening, Music, German, French and Spanish. Our faculty engages in ongoing professional development, working collaboratively and individually to develop skill in designing instruction and creating classroom experiences that build caring communities.
• Waldorf training and experience (preferred)
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for Waldorf Education
• Pennsylvania Teacher Certification in Elementary Education (preferred)
•3–5 years of teaching experience (preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Dedication to excellence in teaching
• Confident classroom presence; strong social and communication skills
• Interest in interdisciplinary teaching, integrating music, drama, visual arts, and creative movement
• Work cooperatively with colleagues to develop and map our Circle of Seasons Public Waldorf curriculum and program
• Design curriculum that integrates Pennsylvania Common Core Standards with art, movement, and nature experiences
• Collaborate with team members to facilitate interdisciplinary instruction that is inclusive of all learners
• Communicate with families to build relationships
• Participate in ongoing professional development and COS classroom observation and evaluation plan
• Maintain a positive learning environment that is safe, joyful, and nurturing
Hours are 8:00 - 4:00 Monday through Friday. Meetings, open house events, and festivals outside of these hours may require your attendance.
The salary for this position is $45,000 and includes participation in the 403b retirement plan and healthcare benefits. Background clearances, physical examination and TB test will be required. Ideal candidates will have a passion for working with children, strong self-direction, musical and artistic inclinations, and developed sense of themselves as educators working with children.
Please forward a letter of interest, resume, and statement of your personal philosophy of education to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.