Early Childhood Teacher
Lead Early Childhood Teacher for 23-24 School Year
The Lead Early Childhood Teacher is responsible for creating a magical Waldorf Older Kindergarten/Pre-1st Grade Program (ages 5- 6). We are looking for a teacher who can meet this age group with warmth and love, and who can serve the older kindergartener with circles, crafts and activities that both challenges them and nurtures them. This position requires a high level of comfort and appreciation for spending time outdoors with children in all kinds of Alaskan weather.
Work Setting and Compensation:
- Work Location: Anchorage Waldorf School. Outside for part of the day.
- School schedule. Approximately August 17, 2023-May 20, 2024.
- Work hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-3:30pm.
- Staff trainings and professional development opportunities
- Pay commensurate with experience, with base salary at $48,000. Professional development funds available as well as 90% tuition remission for 1st child, 95% for second child.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a warm and nurturing Waldorf Early Childhood Education environment
- Possess a warm, friendly, and imaginative demeanor
- Loves working and being with young children
- Develops curriculum activities; circle time, birthday celebrations, painting and festivals
- Maintains general order, cleanliness, and aesthetics in classroom and outdoor areas
- Oversee children on the playground and assist with the transitions to and from outside
- Guide children with self-care (toileting, dressing, and social behavior)
- Provide first aid as needed
- Discuss student behavior with parents
- Maintain confidentiality in all student situations
- Meet with and collaborate with our other EC Lead Teachers
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Early Childhood Waldorf Training
- Waldorf Kindergarten experience (preferred)
- Reliable, dependable, and team oriented
- Current CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain before employment
- Age requirement is 21 years old
- Food Handler Certificate or ability to obtain within first 2 weeks of employment
- Better Kid Care certificate or willingness to obtain before employment
- Mandatory Reporter Training or willingness to obtain
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Frequent walks; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; speaking and listening
- Daily requirement to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40-pound child
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Renee Parks. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.