Part-Time Aftercare Teacher for Our Expanding Program
We are looking for another aftercare teacher to work in our growing program. The primary role of the aftercare teacher at The Mountain School is to support the Lead Aftercare Program Teacher. Aftercare classrooms have pre-school aged children 2y9mos to 5 years.
Our ideal candidate would have Waldorf Early Childhood training and teaching experience, as well as love and commit to being a part of The Mountain School team. A strong understanding of childhood development, a capacity to provide parent support and healthy communication. The Aftercare Aid provides support to the Lead Teachers.
- Team Player
- Takes initiative
- Encourage and exemplify appropriate behavior
- Kind and supportive care
- Prepare snacks assigned by Lead Aftercare Program Teacher for two aftercare classrooms
- Assist in Aftercare set-up
- Assist in playground duty
- Assist to maintain vegetable garden with children
- Assist in transitioning children to rest and aiding them to sleep
- Assist in preparing napping area
- Assist in creating a safe environment inside and outside
- 12 Early Childhood Education (ECE) credits, completed.
- Nice to have, Waldorf Teacher Training, completed or in process
- CPR and First Aid Certification (reimbursed by The Mountain School)
- 12:30 - 4:30PM, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- $30 - 35.00 an hour depending on experience, non-exempt position
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone: 415.924.4661
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Waldorf Inspired Preschool, Marin County