The position of permanent substitute teacher is to provide an on-going resource for school staffing needs. The substitute will assume the duty of the regular classroom teacher and present the lessons that have been prepared by the regular teacher as assigned. The substitute may be required to help in planning for the day's instructional activities with the regular teacher. As appropriate, permanent substitute teachers will participate in professional development opportunities.
- Follows the lesson plan left by the teacher for whom they are substituting.
- Maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Applies all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which they are assigned.
- Plans needed activities when lesson plans do not structure the entire class periods with planned learning activities. Activities planned by the substitute should be appropriate for grade level and subject of the class.
- Assumes responsibilities for overseeing pupil behavior in class, between classes and during lunch periods
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
High School Diploma or GED required
Good communication skills
Ability to plan and follow instructions
Ability to work with other staff members
Ability to be flexible and prepared to teach different grade levels or subject areas
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
25lbs lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping and squatting
Your application has been successfully submitted.