Development Director- Upper Valley Waldorf School
Upper Valley Waldorf School Development Director – 80%-100% FTE Position
The Upper Valley Waldorf School is welcoming applications for a Development Director with the enthusiasm and drive to cultivate and expand our community culture of giving in support to the school’s mission.
We are a Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade school with a current enrollment of 141 for the 2022-2023 school year. We offer a rich Waldorf curriculum, which includes French, woodwork, handwork, movement, instrumental music, and chorus. Our school holds a dual accreditation with AWSNA/NEASC. It is an exciting time to join the UVWS faculty!
Overview of the Position (full job description available upon request):
The key accountabilities of this position are to oversee, implement and strategize all aspects of development for the school, including annual campaigns, donor relations, and grant writing, in close collaboration with the Administrative Director and Development Committee.
Preferred position requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and life experience
• Three to five years fund-raising experience
• Exceptional interpersonal, time management, planning, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of development terminology and processes
• Familiarity with database management and maintenance (Big SIS) preferred
• Ability to work as a team member
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong commitment to confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of constituencies – Board, Parent, wider Community both Waldorf and non-Waldorf
• Willingness to undertake occasional travel, occasional night/weekend meetings
Salary: Base plus applicable experience. Full benefits package includes a generous Health Insurance plan, tuition remission (prorated based on % FTE), Professional Development support, Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, T. Rowe Retirement Plan, and access to Dental & Vision Insurance and a Flexible Savings Account.
Candidates interested in applying for the Development Position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (with contact information) by email or mail to:
Leadership Council: Hiring
ATTN: Anne Parent, HR/Finance Director
Upper Valley Waldorf School
P.O. Box 709
Quechee, VT 05059
Phone: 802-296-2496 x305
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The mission of the Upper Valley Waldorf School is to prepare students to engage with a changing world, in a socially inclusive environment, using a cu...