Nursery Teacher 2023-2024
Nursery Lead Teacher: 2023-2024
- We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join the Early Childhood Faculty at the Waldorf School of Philadelphia. To meet the high level of interest in our Early Childhood Program, we are expanding our 2-3 year old Nursery program for the 2023-2024 school year and seek an energetic, flexible and warm Lead Nursery Teacher to spearhead a new second nursery class serving children ages 2-3 years.
- Waldorf Early Childhood Teachers are responsible for developing effective methods for teaching every child in their class based on Waldorf insights and pedagogy. The Lead Nursery Teacher at the Waldorf School of Philadelphia is responsible for developing a rhythmical day and week of activities including the creation of seasonal nature based circle times, stories and puppet plays, facilitating gross motor activities, preparing children for toilet readiness, diapering of children using the Pikler method, establishing a sleep/nap routine for the class, and cultivating a culture of kindness in the classroom. Teachers maintain an aesthetically pleasing and safe classroom space, supervise the work of an assistant to plan, cook and feed in a family-style setting. Teachers also support and communicate clearly and responsively with parents and guardians of children in their care, and provide end-of-year reports for all children in the program
- In addition to classroom teaching and caring for their students, the Lead Nursery Teacher supervises the activity of a classroom assistant, holds at least three parent education meetings and two parent-teacher conferences for each child during the year. They also attend faculty and administration meetings, serve on various committees, and actively participate in the life of the school.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Fully trained in Waldorf Early Childhood Education, or on your way to becoming so.
- Familiarity with Lifeways or Pikler Approach to working with children
- Child care experience is a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized
- Technical skills around managing emails/texts and shared digital files/media
- Commitment to our school’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals
- Additional Qualifications desired:
- Certification in a Birth-to-3 WECAN accredited program
- Training in the Pikler Approach
- Lifeways trained individuals considered and encouraged to apply
- Other Requirements:
- Able to lift and carry 30 pounds
- Able to bend well at knees
- Able to sit on the floor comfortably
- To join our team of teaching staff you will have a history of collegial work, parent education, and effective communication. You may wish to know that our school actively encourages and supports professional development through mentoring support and attending courses and conferences. The School offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including healthcare, dental, and significant opportunities for professional development.
- To apply, send a cover letter, your resume, and contact information for three professional references to Dr. Becca Torregrossa, Faculty Administrator at email@example.com
- Our school is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in its student body, faculty and staff. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, language, or any other legally protected class status. We actively seek candidates who demonstrate a real commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in education.
Your application has been successfully submitted.