4th Grade Teacher
Job Title: Grades Teacher – currently seeking 4th grade teacher
As of Date: Immediate
Reports to: Interim Head of School
Location: McComb Campus
FLSA Class: Exempt
Who We Are:
The vision for Westside Waldorf School has been to offer children a school that can be their home from preschool through 8th grade — to build a school that provides community for families for a decade or more as their children move through the grades. Based on Waldorf teachings and philosophy, our curriculum takes a complete approach to learning — “head, heart, and hands” — seeing each child as an individual with innate talents and abilities.
Summary of Position
This position is responsible for the compliance and delivery of the Westside Waldorf School grade school curriculum and method. This includes the preparation of Main Lessons, skills lessons, report cards, parent conferences, and special events as well as attending faculty, mentoring, and committee meetings, liaising with the administration, faculty, and parents.
· Prepare and implement daily lesson plans and monthly lesson blocks
· Manage classroom to ensure all students are treated with inclusivity and given an opportunity to grow spiritually, artistically, and academically as their own spirit directs
· Participate in professional development, be mentored as needed or an agreed upon by the professional development plan in order to ensure the mission and vision of Waldorf is supported and maintained.
· Compose student reports and professional correspondence with parents and colleagues
· Prepare and conduct regular parent-teacher conferences
· Participate in weekly faculty meetings
· Participate on school committee
· Prepare and participate in assemblies and festivals
· Participate in school community and public relations events (e.g., open house)
· Support specialty subject block teaching as directed by the Interim Head of School or designee.
· Other duties as directed to meet the needs of the school
Education / Certifications
· Bachelor's Degree Teacher
· Waldorf Teacher Training Certificate
· Pediatric CPR/First Aid certification
· Current TB clearance
Westside Waldorf School Expectations
· Understanding and embracing of Waldorf pedagogy
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – detailed, clear and concise
· Commitment to a collaborative work environment
· Willingness to embrace continuous improvement and professional growth
· Organizational and time management skills
Skills, Specialized Knowledge, Experience
· Classroom teaching experience in grades 1-8
· Deep commitment to Waldorf principles
· Well rounded in the arts
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.