Interim Fifth Grade Teacher January t0 June 2023
The Sandpoint Waldorf School, in beautiful North Idaho, seeks an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic interim Fifth Grade Teacher while our Fifth Grade teacher is on leave of absence from January through June. Our ideal candidates are trained in Waldorf education and have experience teaching. They should be committed to collegial work, self-development, and excellence in teaching.
The Sandpoint Waldorf School is a school of 190 children, pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. We are in our 30th year and have been experiencing healthy enrollment, ongoing growth, and strong support from our community. We have a strong, trained and experienced faculty and a supportive parent body. We have a full specialty program that includes Spanish, Japanese, Handwork, Movement, Strings Ensemble, Woodworking, Music, and Education Support. We look forward to welcoming new teachers into our warm and caring community!
Sandpoint, Idaho, is one of North America's best kept secrets. We are located in a town of about 9,000, on the shores of the enchanting Lake Pend Oreille, surrounded by breathtaking mountains. We have many fine restaurants and shops and an impressive local art and music scene. Given the natural splendor, there is ample opportunity for summer boating and swimming at the lake or hiking the hundreds of miles of mountain trails and winter fun in the back country or at our world-class ski resort, Schweitzer Mountain Resort, just 20 minutes from town. To learn more about Sandpoint, visit http://www.Sandpointonline.com/.
Full-time teachers receive full tuition remission, a health care stipend, and the opportunity to enroll in our IRA program (with a 3% employer match).
Please submit your letter of interest, resume, and brief biography to email@example.com.
Responsibilities The interim Fifth Grade Teacher will assume all the responsibilities of a class teacher as follows:
- Teach Main Lesson, math and language arts practice periods, painting, and geometry.
- Assess students' work
- Maintain healthy social dynamics and a safe classroom environment
- Supervise recess three times/week and morning drop off once a week
- Follow policies and practices as written in the Employee Handbook
- Attend weekly faculty meetings and the upper grades sectional meeting once a week
- Maintain regular communication with parents about necessary school and class-related messages through phone calls and e-mails
- Communicate your availability for individual conversation with parents
- Conduct 2 parent meetings
- Hold parent/teacher conferences in March
- Write the end-of-the-year reports to be placed in student files and mailed to parents
Your application has been successfully submitted.