Grades 1-8 Aftercare Teacher
Duration: Part Time, beginning August 2023
Overview: Marin Waldorf School is seeking an After School Teacher for Grades 1-8 to support the grades after-school program. Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Grades Aftercare Coordinator in program activities and duties
- Assist with set up of activities and snack prior to arrival of children.
- Sign students in and out and track attendance carefully. File attendance records with the office at the end of each day.
- Relay messages between parents, teachers, and office staff.
- Coordinate with after school teachers to get students to and from lessons and activities.
- Support in developing a schedule of activities. Monitor homework, activities, and/or games.
- Reset the aftercare classroom(s) after last child has left.
Applicants should demonstrate:
• Classroom management skills.
• Positive and effective communication skills with parents.
• An ability to work supportively and in collaboration with colleagues
• Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Justice, and Belonging
MWS is located in the heart of Marin County, California just 30 minutes north of San Francisco. Our county is renowned for its beaches, countryside, and giant Redwood trees. Our unspoiled coastline is protected by thousands of acres of parkland easily accessible for after hours and weekend adventures. MWS is a fully accredited member of AWSNA. To learn more about our school, please visit our website at www.marinwaldorf.org.
Marin Waldorf School serves approximately 220 students and includes a thriving parent/toddler program, two preschools, two kindergartens, and a full grades program (grades 1-8). Our 10-acre campus includes a beautiful oak grove, a biodynamic garden, a large grass playing field, three separate outdoor play areas for preschool, kindergarten and the grades, as well as a library and a woodwork room. Along with woodwork, handwork, and music (instrumental, orchestral & choir), our expanded curriculum includes physical education, gardening, eurythmy, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Experience working in an extracurricular or educational program with children aged 7-14
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Has or is currently pursuing a Waldorf Teaching certificate
· Previous Waldorf teaching experience is a plus
This is a part time, hourly position. The hours for this role are approximately 2:30pm – 5:30 pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Thursday 1:45-5:30pm (early release day).
Please submit your resume, cover letter (highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths) along with three references that we may contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org.