Early Childhood Teacher Assistant
The EC Teacher Assistant is responsible for working closely with the lead teacher to help in creating an exceptional experience for the children at our Waldorf-inspired, nature-based preschool.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist lead teacher with the overall rhythm and tasks in the classroom
- Prepare the classroom and play yard each day
- Maintain general order, cleanliness and aesthetics in classroom and park grounds
- Classroom management and supervision of the students, under the direction and guidance from the lead teacher
- Nurture, protect and guide the children through love and warmth
- Live Scan background screening (required)
- TB risk assessment/clearance (required)
- CPR/First Aid certified (required)
- Minimum of 6 ECE units (preferred)
Seeds of Joy Village Expectations:
- Understanding and embracing of Waldorf pedagogy
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment
- Willingness to embrace continuous improvement and professional growth
- Organizational and time management skills
Position Skills, Specialized Knowledge, Experience:
- Early Childhood experience
- Understanding of Waldorf education or willingness to learn
- Classroom management
Hours and Salary:
Hours are 8:30am to 3:30pm Monday thru Thursday
This position is an hourly, part-time position with possible summer opportunities.
Please submit a letter of interest along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeds of Joy Village is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, gender, or any protected class. We acknowledge that a diversity of ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic backgrounds, gender expressions, sexual orientations, learning differences, and life experiences within our community enhance our school’s learning environment, and we are committed to cultivating equity and inclusion.
Your application has been successfully submitted.