[Priority Listing] Collaborative Life-filled Education! ('23-'24 school year)
Opportunities at a Growing Initiative
The Rose Rock Grades School in Norman, Oklahoma is in its third year of development. We are searching for individuals with diverse experiences who are interested in joining us as committed contributors to our school. Being in a still fluid state appropriate to our formative years, we are able to tailor employment for successful candidates. These are the immediate needs we seek to fulfill for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Class Teacher (full time)
- Movement teacher (six hours/week)
- Handwork teacher (six hours/week)
- Eurythmy teacher (six hours/week)
- Spanish teacher (six hours/week)
- Aftercare teacher (ten hours/week)
Class teachers who are able to teach one of the above subjects in addition to their class teaching responsibilities will be enabled to do so through collegial support. Additionally, we would consider applicants that can contribute to the EC program or to the administration. Positions can be crafted to match the applicant’s skill set and overall needs.
Our school, faculty, and community possess unique attributes that create satisfying and meaningful work for teachers interested in expanding spirit-filled education into the central region of the United States:
- We are the only grade school program developed out of a LifeWays early childhood program. This focus on developing a program that emphasizes life-filled education provides us with a powerful inner-compass when working to arrive at consensus. This compass unifies us.
- We have a special emphasis on the therapeutic. Our students have long enjoyed the presence of a dedicated Extra Lesson teacher, and this year we were joined by a visual arts teacher specializing in therapeutic painting.
- Our Class Teachers are certified in Waldorf Education and have completed at least one cycle with a class; therefore, our program is built upon a strong foundation, which is both welcoming to experienced teachers and is also supportive of the development of new teachers.
- We have emphasized a bottom-up development method in which the strength of our 15-year old LifeWays/EC program serves as a stable foundation for grade school development. Approaching growth this way permits us to focus on facilities and pedagogical development, rather than expending resources on outreach for enrollment. To support this, we have also chosen to combine classes—with wonderful results!
- Our school is situated on four acres on Main St. in Norman, OK, the home of the University of Oklahoma. Ownership of our property—enabled through appropriate support from the social/economic sphere—furthers our ability to operate independently, and adds greatly to our fiscal stability.
- Our small-town location is ideal for us to explore how the ideas of LifeWays can be brought into a grade school. One example of this is that our students ride their bicycles on regular excursions throughout the town, and those excursions become more significant in distance and challenge commensurate with the development of the children.
- Our teachers study together joyfully, including weekly group mentoring, book study, and child study.
- Our three-folded governance protects the space teachers need to emphasize what is best for child development without top-down interference.
- Parents at the RRS are overwhelmingly supportive of the teachers, and the need for remediating parent concerns and conflicts is remarkably limited.
Teachers joining the RRS faculty should:
- Find levity and joy in a challenging, meaningful job.
- Value courageous, in-depth discourse as a means to discovering the living-consensus that exists within the collegial body.
- Balance the thrill and challenge of establishing and nurturing new programs with learning and adapting to the high-quality programming that has already been established at RRS.
- Be willing to engage in the intensive study and contemplation vis-a-vis book study and child study, so as to be empowered towards authentic understanding of the developing children with which we work.
- Actively practice self-reflection and self-transformation.
Pay and Hours: To be determined based on teacher’s experience and level of employment. 10% tuition discount is available for teachers with students enrolled at RRS (tuition is calculated on a sliding scale). Full-time employees enjoy annual contributions to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, and may receive partial relocation support if moving from out of state. Finally, teachers enjoy home cooked organic lunches and snacks on the days that they work!
Apply by sending a reflective biography, three references, and a CV or resumé to: email@example.com
Rose Rock School
1515 W. Main St.
Norman, OK 73069
Your application has been successfully submitted.