Early Childhood Teacher
Tamarack Waldorf School is seeking a full-time Early Childhood Teacher.
Tamarack Waldorf School is seeking an Early Childhood Lead Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. We are seeking applicants committed to teaching with enthusiasm and warmth; demonstrating effective classroom management, communication, and interpersonal skills. This candidate should also have an interest and desire to work in collaboration with colleagues and with the Anthroposophical principles of Waldorf Education. This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a Waldorf Teaching Certificate preferred. Candidates enrolled in Waldorf teacher training will be considered but will be expected to complete a Waldorf certification program.
Expectations, Skills and Responsibilities
The teacher will be responsible for providing a Waldorf Early Childhood education to our students in a mixed-age class. This position requires a deep understanding of Waldorf early childhood pedagogy as well as the ability to bring Waldorf curriculum to meet the needs of each child as well as the whole class. They will be expected to assess and evaluate the evolving needs of each child in their care through observation, record keeping and working with our end-of-the-year report writing and first-grade readiness screener.
The ideal candidate will also:
· Have an interest and understanding of Waldorf educational philosophies and pedagogy
· Work well with the parents and provide parental education on the Waldorf curriculum
· Create a healthy class community
· Have a love of nature and be willing to explore with the children the east side of Milwaukee, even in inclement weather
· Commit to self-development and have a growing relationship with Anthroposophy
· Serve the school through committee work and administrative responsibilities
· Work collaboratively with faculty, administration and other school realms
· Demonstrate warmth, compassion and clarity in working with both children and their parents/caregivers
· Work closely with the assistant teacher to create an environment of warmth, love and security for the children in their care
· Observe and care for each child’s physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual development
Tamarack Waldorf School offers a competitive base salary and additional compensation, commensurate with experience and credentials, is added to the base salary. A full-time salaried faculty member is entitled to benefits: health, vison and dental insurance, professional development, and tuition reduction. The position offers 10 PTO days, paid time off around holidays and breaks and will offer an in-house mentor as well as an outside mentor. The position begins July 1, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit an application including three professional references, letter of interest and resume via email to email@example.com. You may contact Martha Flores with any questions directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our school at: www.tamarackwaldorf.org for more information
Your application has been successfully submitted.