Early Childhood Lead Teacher
The Early Childhood Lead Teacher is responsible for the life of his/her class. This includes observing and caring for how the children develop; planning and leading appropriate activities for the class; planning the daily, weekly, and seasonal rhythms of the class according to the principles of Waldorf pedagogy and the needs they see in their particular class; planning and leading festivals; organizing and carrying out parent/teacher conferences twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring; communication with parents and parent education; and caring for the classroom and other early childhood areas. We offer a mixed-age early childhood class for children 2.5-5 years of age with an approximate class size of 14 students. We are near a natural area of woods and our day includes outdoor play and exploration.
- Create a safe and enriching atmosphere based on the Waldorf child development model
- Work collaboratively with other teachers and assistants
- Help maintain general order, cleanliness, and aesthetics in the environment
- Create a harmonious and nurturing atmosphere
- Maintain a high-quality, well-structured experience for the children
- Ensure high standard of ethics by providing for child and family confidentiality
- Contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of SLCS
- Contribute to weekly faculty meetings and seasonal parent meetings
- Conduct in-home visits to welcome and orient new families
- Foster a fair and caring environment for the children, focusing on developmental needs
- Be responsible for continuing education required for child care licensing
- Have Waldorf certification, or be in process of obtaining Waldorf certification
- Have completed a Bachelor’s Degree program
- Be passionate about bringing their own love of nature to their class
- Be self-motivated and inspired to work in a small school environment
- Have or obtain certification in basic child and adult first aid and CPR
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Positive and proactive communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact in a supportive manner with each child’s unique character and abilities
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of the children in our care
- Acceptance of cultural, racial, religious, affectional preference, and economic differences
- Email your coverletter and resume to email@example.com with subject line "Lead Early Childhood Teacher Application"
- The hiring committee will get back to you within a week.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Educating the whole child—in mind, body and spirit, for a life of continuous learning and meaningful engagement with the world.