Pedagogical Director 2023-24 School Year
The Susquehanna Waldorf School (SWS) is seeking a full-time Pedagogical Director. SWS has been bringing Waldorf Education to the Lancaster, York, and Dauphin counties for more than 35 years. Our dedicated Faculty, Administration, Board of Trustees, and Parents are a community deeply committed to the holistic well-being of students.
Eligible Candidates must have Waldorf Teacher Certification and Waldorf teaching experience. They must have experience and demonstrated success in educational management and organizational leadership. They must be able to work well within established school processes as well as facilitate improvements according to shifting objectives. A proven commitment to collaborative work and consensus decision-making is essential as well as an emphatic approach to working with colleagues, students, and parents. Below is the Position Summary. A full description is available on request.
The Pedagogical Director will:
- Oversee and manage processes that ensure the school’s pedagogical quality, consistency,
- coherence, and continuity.
- Bring a whole-school perspective, bridging administrative and pedagogical insights, to all
- Support the work of the Leadership Council (the Administration, Early Childhood, Grades and
- Speciality Subject Department Chairs).
- Work closely with the College of Teachers, Administration, Leadership Council and the Board of
- Trustees to be guided by governance structures, policies, and procedures, and to review and
- refine them as needed.
This is a full-time year-round position. To apply, please send a letter of introduction, resume, brief biography, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susquehanna Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity, ability, ethnic background, or national origin in hiring of employees, admission of students, in financial aid grants, or in any program offered.