Full Time Eurythmy Teacher
Swallowtail Waldorf School & Farm is seeking a full-time Eurythmy teacher to work with all students from Early Childhood through 8th grade.
The Eurythmy teacher is responsible for developing a rich, age-appropriate eurythmy program, based on the indications of Rudolf Steiner. The teacher we seek will hold each class and each child in a heart space where all feel welcome and valued - a confident educator who is able to balance strong classroom management with a warm and joyful approach to the discipline of Eurythmy.
The Eurythmy Teacher provides leadership through the facilitation of eurythmy throughout the school and is an essential part of the collegial team. Our teacher will create performance opportunities for students, particularly as part of festivals and plays and provide educational opportunities for parents, faculty, and staff. Like all faculty and staff at Swallowtail School, our new Eurythmy teacher will value collaborative work with colleagues, self-reflection for personal growth, and hold an openness to new ideas.
Swallowtail Waldorf School & Farm serves students from PreK through 8th Grade. We are located in the heart of Washington County where forest and farmland meet the Portland suburbs. Our main campus is located on 6 acres of open field and mature trees and our school building features large, thoughtfully designed classrooms with ample storage. The Eurythmy room is filled with natural light reflecting upon beautiful lazure painted walls. Our farm property includes sustainable agriculture plots as well as native forest, meadow, and variable wetland areas within the McKay Creek basin of Hillsboro, OR.
We invite interested candidates to apply and are seeking individuals who possess:
- A dedication to Waldorf Education
- Eurythmy Teaching Certification
- Prefer at least one year of classroom teaching experience
- A love of children and a deep desire to support their growth
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Willingness to be part of a culture that values professional growth and ongoing positive and constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The desire and ability to work collaboratively with all members of the school community
- The ability to adapt the curriculum to the skills and needs of a class or individual child
- A value for Biodynamic Farming and land based education
- Prolonged periods of standing and frequent bending.
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to walk and/or run at a pace to keep up with children 6-14 years old.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 pounds at a time.
Swallowtail School is an associate member of AWSNA and WECAN. Salary is based on education and experience and includes dental/vision and full remission for all dependents.
To apply, please send a letter of intent, resume, and three references to Shannon Hallberg at Shallberg@SwallowtailSchool.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.