2023-2024 Grade School Teacher
Polaris School and Centre is seeking a grade school class teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. Having opened our doors in September 2018, Polaris School and Centre is a small, independent Waldorf-inspired school in the heart of Ottawa. We are currently looking for an individual to join our team and our growing and diverse school community.
Polaris School and Centre strives to meet the needs of the whole child – head, heart and hands. Using a hands-on and experiential educational approach, our goal is to plant a seed in each child for a life-long love of learning, building a foundation of self-confidence, resilience, creativity and respect for oneself, others, and the natural world around them.
The ideal candidate will be a Waldorf-trained teacher and/or Ontario-Certified teacher with Waldorf teaching experience, who feels comfortable taking on a split grade class. Experience teaching multi-grade classes is beneficial.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who enjoys working with children, teaching and works well in a collaborative manner.
- Preparing main lesson blocks and extra lessons according to a Waldorf pedagogy and following the Waldorf curriculum.
- Teaching students using a hands-on, experiential approach, interweaving movement and art into the academic subjects.
- Evaluating the progress of students and discuss results with students, parents and the Circle of Teachers and Administration.
- Identifying children's individual learning needs.
- Participating in staff meetings, mentoring and workshops as required.
- Ideally candidates would have completed their Waldorf Teacher Training Certification through an AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) certified training centre OR Ontario-certified teacher training certification with at least one year teaching experience in a Waldorf setting and/or similar experience and certification.
- Ability to teach in English, other languages (especially French) are an asset.
If interested, email a letter of intent, your resume, two references and a brief autobiography to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.