Class Teacher – Unique Primary School Setting
Main duties include:
- Teaching a broad and ambitious curriculum which knits together a blend of different pedagogies and extends beyond the National Curriculum to primary school age children.
- Leading a class in planning and preparing purposeful schemes of work in line with school curriculum.
- Support and oversee the subject lessons for your class.
- Ensure the appropriate care and nurture of children in your class according to their individual needs.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the developments, progress and attainment of children in class to statutory levels.
- Building outstanding relationships with children, families and staff.
Job Type: Full Time - Term time, Mon- Fri – 35 hours per week
£28,000 - £36,000 per annum depending on experience
We are looking for a caring and efficient individual, committed to the school's pathways for education provision. These are the specification criteria to identify suitable candidates:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Passion and creativity
- Team player
- Excellent intercommunication skills
- An ability to embrace a wide range of pedagogical approaches which would be in line with the holistic approach of the school
- A love of nature and the outdoors
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree level qualification or equivalent (essential)
· PGCE or QTS required (desirable)
· Forrest School or similar experience working in outdoor education environment (desirable)
· Experience or understanding of more holistic pedagogies, such as Steiner Waldorf education (desirable)
· Experience in teaching primary age children (essential)
· Experience of working with children with SEN (desirable)
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marked Class Teacher
Closing Date for CVs is 25th February 2023, interviews will be held in March 2023
The post holder will be accountable to the Head Teacher.
The London Acorn School is a not-for-profit community interest company.
Further information on The London Acorn School can be found at www.thelondonacornschool.co.uk
Your application has been successfully submitted.