Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Duration: Full Time, beginning August 2023
Overview: Marin Waldorf School is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Early Childhood Assistant Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year. We seek a talented individual who loves children, teaching, and can work with colleagues in a collaborative manner. We value strong colleagueship and warm relationships with parents. Applicants should demonstrate:
- A dedication to nurture, protect, and guide young children in their development with warmth and love.
- The ability to maintain a consistent daily rhythm while assisting the lead teacher in delivering a healthy Waldorf kindergarten curriculum
- Positive and effective communication skills with parents.
- An ability to work supportively and in collaboration with colleagues
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Marin Waldorf School serves approximately 220 students and includes a thriving parent/toddler program, two preschools, two kindergartens, and a full grades program (grades 1-8). Our 10-acre campus includes a beautiful oak grove, a biodynamic garden, a large grass playing field, three separate outdoor play areas for preschool, kindergarten and the grades, as well as a library and a woodwork room. Along with woodwork, handwork, and music (instrumental, orchestral & choir), our expanded curriculum includes physical education, gardening, eurythmy, Spanish, and Mandarin.
MWS is located in the heart of Marin County, California just 30 minutes north of San Francisco. Our county is renowned for its beaches, countryside, and giant Redwood trees. Our unspoiled coastline is protected by thousands of acres of parkland easily accessible for after hours and weekend adventures. MWS is a fully accredited member of AWSNA and WECAN. To learn more about our school, please visit our website at www.marinwaldorf.org.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Certificate of completion or enrollment in an accredited Waldorf teacher training program
- Previous Waldorf early childhood teaching experience
This is a full time, hourly position with dental and health insurance.
Please submit your resume, cover letter (highlighting your teaching experience, life experience, qualifications and strengths) along with three references that we may contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.