Summer Camp Leads & Assistants
We are seeking experienced Waldorf educators to lead our summer camp programs at Primrose Hill School. Our 7 acre campus consists of large fenced-in play spaces, multiple open air natural play zones, a farm with animals and large raised bed garden, hiking trails, streams and beautiful indoor facilities.
Six one-week sessions for children ages 3-6 run from July 3- August 11th, 2023
Nature Camp hours are 9am-2pm
Group leader hours are 8:30am-2:30pm
Camp groups are up to 14 children in a similar age bracket.
- We strive to follow a Waldorf-inspired rhythm of the day during nature camp (ages 3-6).
- Programs are held entirely outdoors with designated “outdoor zones”.
- An administrator will be on site during each day that camp is in session.
- Standard Group Leader rate is $750/week for Nature & Specialized Camps
- Standard Assistant rate is $525/week for Nature Camps
- *First time Group Leaders and Assistants over age 18 are required to complete a background check for clearance to work with children.
Position responsibilities include:
- Work out of integrity and be worthy of imitation.
- Maintain general order and help in creating an aesthetically beautiful Waldorf Early Childhood environment both indoors and out.
- Engage with students, taking direction from the Lead Teacher regarding classroom management, conflict resolution, communication and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Assist during all curriculum activities; Circle time, Story, craft/projects, Birthday celebrations, festivals, and clean-up.
- Oversee children on the play yard and assist with transitions to and from outside.
- Guide children with self-care (toileting, hand-washing, dressing and social behavior).
- Provide first aid as necessary.
- Practice confidentiality toward matters involving parents and children.
Primrose Hill School is committed to enriching our educational environment and culture through the diversity of our employees. We actively seek systemically excluded communities in our applicant pool, including but not limited to BIPOC and/or LGBTQIAP2+ candidates. Applicants are required to submit a resume and two references (one must be a professional reference). Please submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate position of interest in the email subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.