Part-Time Educational Support Teacher
River Valley Waldorf School is seeking a part-time Educational Support teacher beginning the 2023-2024 school year. The position requires authentic warmth, good humor, joy, and enthusiasm for working with young children. The educational support teacher must be highly motivated, organized, possess exceptional communication skills, and ability to work with students in early childhood through eighth grade. We seek candidates who have a desire to be part of a team and to support children along their educational journey. The ideal candidate must also be willing to commit to the ongoing work of diversity, equity, and inclusion and have familiarity or interest in best practices of Waldorf remedial education.
The Educational Support Teacher will:
- Be committed to working collaboratively with colleagues, families, and external professionals
- Work closely with teachers to support students Individual Instructional Plans and differentiate curriculum
- Contribute to cohort meetings and discussions of larger issues related to the grades or Early Childhood programs
- Provide support for school-wide supports for academic and behavioral challenges
- Support an environment that fosters the education of the whole human being
- Provide remedial academic support
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers and other faculty members
- Hold the overall student support picture including academic, social/emotional, and behavioral needs
- Participate in parent education related to educational support
- Aid in the authoring and maintenance of student support plans
- Implement assessments at predetermined benchmarks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Training in Waldorf education, Waldorf remedial/Extra Lesson training, or other equivalent training or experience
- Training and/or experience providing educational support to students grades K-8
- Experience writing, updating, and maintaining student support plans
- Experience supervising education plan implementation
- Diverse experience with differentiating curriculum and intervention strategies
- Proficiency in Google platform
- An understanding of positive and proactive discipline strategies and ability to support school-wide efforts to implement these practices
- A commitment to antiracism and supporting students with diverse learning needs
- Knowledge of Orton-Gillingham approaches to reading and science of reading.
Hours and Compensation
- Hourly compensation $20-25/hour based on experience
Required training obtained during employment may include:
- CPR and First Aid
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Stewards of Children - Darkness to Light
- Racial Equity: Anti-bias Training
Background clearances, physical examination and TB test will be required.
About River Valley Waldorf School
The 7-acres of River Valley Waldorf School sits on forested hills that overlook the Delaware River on unceded Lenni-Lenape land. We are so grateful for the First Nations people's reverent caretaking of the land we now call Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania. Upper Black Eddy is located in Bucks County and only 40-60 minutes from major metropolitan areas. Our programs include a caretaker-child program, mixed-age early childhood classes, kindergarten, and grades one through eight. The River Valley community strives to be supportive and welcoming, and the school has recently deepened its commitment to diversity and equity initiatives. The school is a full member of the Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America (WECAN) and is accredited by both the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA) and the Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS).
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resumé to either:
mail: River valley Waldorf School
1395 Bridgeton Hill Road
Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972
Your application has been successfully submitted.