The Corvallis Waldorf School is seeking an experienced and dynamic Spanish Teacher for Grades 1-8. Candidates will demonstrate fluency in Spanish and have experience teaching elementary school age children. Knowledge of Waldorf Education and Waldorf teacher certification is preferred. Experience with curriculum development is important. Knowledge of songs, storytelling, games and cultural activities, as well as exercises in conversation, reading, writing and grammar is fundamental for this position. We seek colleagues who share the goals of Waldorf Education and who are dedicated to the healthy development of each child. Ideal candidates will have a passion for Waldorf education, experience in elementary education, an understanding of working with parents, and the personal development and self-reflection to be able to work well in a collegial setting.
This is a full time teaching position with competitive salary, health/dental insurance and tuition remission benefits available. Teachers will be responsible for developing age-appropriate curriculum using Waldorf teaching practices, creating written progress and end of year reports for all students and working with class teachers to meet the needs of individual students.
We prefer candidates with a college degree, a commitment to Waldorf education and proven capacities for teaching. Additional preferences are:
- Proficiency in Spanish (fluency or first language preferred).
- Experience or interest in working with teachers, schools, and elementary-age students.
- Ability to use stories, songs and games in teaching
- Open-mindedness, flexibility, and adaptability
- A warm and welcoming personality to engage with students, colleagues and families.
- Understanding of collaborative culture and solving shared challenges
- Multicultural literacy — preferably sharing lived experience with our students
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and writing a, manage multiple tasks
Application Deadline: Open until filled
To apply for any open position at CWS, please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Karim Hafizov, School Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corvallis Waldorf School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, family structure, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, abilities, or other legally protected status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs, staff hiring, or other school programs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.