BEd Lecturer Post specialising in Afrikaans
An independent provider of Tertiary Education, the Centre for Creative Education equips future teachers with relevant, reflexive, ethical practice in education and self-development through furthering imaginative, innovative, arts and activity-based learning and teaching approaches. We strive to empower future teachers to meet their vocation with love, expertise, integrity, and professionalism and are searching for a permanent part-time lecturer for our Bachelor of Education programme of study.
Purpose of Job: BEd Foundation Phase Lecturer (Afrikaans specialisation)
To plan and deliver teaching on a specialist subject to students. This includes but is not limited to creating teaching materials, preparing for classes and marking students' work, as well as direct teaching. Participation in CCE academic engagements and development forms part of the job purpose.
PERMANENT PART-TIME CONTRACT START DATE: Ideally immediate or negotiable starting date
● Teach undergraduate students primarily in the area of Afrikaans for education
● Support, mentor and assess students during school-based work integrated modules
● Support and supervise all students in the area of Afrikaans
● A minimum qualification of a BEd Honours degree or an Honours degree in Afrikaans or another Humanities / Arts / Social Science Honours or Postgraduate Diploma (at NQF level 8)
● A minimum of five years teaching bilingual (Afrikaans & English) literacy and language at primary school level, Foundation Phase and/or Higher Education
The following competencies will be a further advantage:
● Experience teaching (or supporting teachers) in Afrikaans in adult education or higher education
● Experience in developing Afrikaans & English bilingual curriculum and materials
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 17 February 2023
Submit your CV, a motivational letter and current contactable references for further information email address email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.