Grades Class Teacher 2023/2024
Grades Class Teachers
Desert Marigold School is looking for experienced Waldorf-trained Class Teachers for various grades for the 2023-24 school year. We are seeking a vibrant, self-directed, trained Waldorf educator with classroom experience. The candidate would demonstrate effective teaching practices, exceptional classroom management, and communication skills. We are seeking a teacher who wishes to participate wholeheartedly in the life of the school, demonstrates a proven ability to work well with and be supportive of students, colleagues, and parents. The candidate would be expected to align Arizona State Standards and Waldorf Education to prepare students for the future.
- Salary Range: Full Time -- Salary ranges from $35,000 to $55,000 depending on experience, education, and certificates; annual 301 bonus and full benefits packages are available for qualified individuals.
- Hours: Full-time position requires a minimum of 24 teaching/administrative hours per week.
- Reports to: Executive Director and Pedagogical Director
- Waldorf Grades Teaching Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related area required;
- Highly Qualified status by the state of Arizona required;
- Willingness to incorporate Waldorf principles of child development into lesson planning and teaching;
- AZ DPS Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card required;
- A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience in classroom/group settings preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops performance objectives and lesson plans that meet state standards and are consistent with the principles of Waldorf Education and delivers curriculum in an engaging manner;
- Disciplines with dignity and embraces diversity;
- Communicates well with students, parents, and staff;
- Identifies and meets the needs of students by developing differentiated lesson plans and initiating referrals to student support services as necessary;
- Prepares progress reports and issues grades on time;
- Maintains plans and instructional materials for substitutes as needed;
- Works cooperatively with administrators and colleagues;
- Attends faculty meetings, required in-service training, and other meetings as necessary.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to:
Your application has been successfully submitted.